building the cab file?

Guest Tech

Hi there.

does anyone know how to make an installer for smartphone applications? I have made one and would like to create an installer to install the app on the smartphone

Thanks!

Guest vman69

The best application that I have found to make exe files with is this modified version of ezsetup. There are plenty of examples on the net that tell you how to set up the ini files and other files to create one. The link is below for that one.

Riki's ThemeChanger for smartphone

or if you want to use the original version of the ezsetup util it is located at the below link.

spb Software House

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi,

I also use the one from SPB Software House. Just tried the modified ezsetup by riki and here is how I was able to prepare a sample setup launcher.

post-12251-1123052013_thumb.jpg

post-12251-1123051981_thumb.jpg

Like the original ezsetup, you do things under command prompt. I hope the screenshots will give you an idea. :)

thanks for that. I got a hold of the parameters for the ini file however when installing the created setup i get an error saying that the setup was incorrect or something? (cant remember...)

I'll give that screenshot a shot :)

Guest vman69
thanks for that. I got a hold of the parameters for the ini file however when installing the created setup i get an error saying that the setup was incorrect or something? (cant remember...)

I'll give that screenshot a shot :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to make sure that the tool that you are using to make the cab is the one that comes with the compact framework emulator. Otherwise you will have the problem of it not installing on the device. I had a similar problem before I worked it out. The cabwiz.exe that you should be using is the one that exists in the emulator and tools install directory.