Description ::

Expea+ v1.5 for Smartphone

bnycastro©2005

--

Expea now on your Smartphone

--

Includes:

Startup and Shutdown Screens.

Home Screen (SmartMonitor and RJ Shortcuts Enabled).

Custom Icons (for RJ Shortcuts)

In Call and Dial Banners

Color Scheme.

External LCD Image (MPx 220)

--

Installation Instructions:

Download the zip file.

Extract it.

Copy the cab file to your device and run it.

Copy 'Expea+ v1.5.home.xml' and 'Expea+ v1.5.scheme.xml' to 'Storage\Application Data\Home' you may overwrite any files.

Use v1.5 on layout and scheme (see attached screenshot)

Copy 'ExpeaLCD' to '\Storage\My Documents\ExtLCD'

Set under Phone Settings\Ext. LCD Background Image (see attached screenshot)

Open 'Icons' folder copy icons, 'ExpeaDial.gif', and 'ExpeaInCall.gif' to 'Storage\Application Data\Home\Expea+ v1.5'.

Using a Registry Editor (i.e. Resco Explorer)

goto: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCdial

Select 'Values'

Select 'BannerImage'

and change the Value data to the location where you put the 'ExpeaDial.gif' file 'Storage\Application Data\Home\Expea+ v1.5'

goto: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCprog

Select 'Values'

Select 'BannerImage'

and change the Value data to the location where you put the 'ExpeaInCall.gif' file 'Storage\Application Data\Home\Expea+ v1.5'

--

restart device to apply changes

--

For Facade Users:

--

You must have Facade Installed on your device

Copy 'Expea+ v1.5F.home.xml' to 'Storage\Application Data\Home'

Use v1.5F on layout

Copy the Contents of the folder 'Expea+ v1.5F' to 'Storage\Program Files\Facade\Skins\Standard'

Note: You may want to backup the original files. Also these will revert to default when you re-install Facade.

--

restart device to apply changes

--

Inspired by mickesjo's Expea for Pocket PC.

--

:)

View File

Guest sk12345

>>Copy the cab file to your device and run it.

I am able to copy the .cab file on to my device. I am not able to run it. Can you please tell me how to run it?

>>Using a Registry Editor (i.e. Resco Explorer)

Also, if you can let me know how to launch the Registry Editor for my device, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Guest tonijj
>>Copy the cab file to your device and run it.

I am able to copy the .cab file on to my device.  I am not able to run it. Can you please tell me how to run it?

>>Using a Registry Editor (i.e. Resco Explorer)

Also, if you can let me know how to launch the Registry Editor for my device, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Launching a .cab file from your phone is simply just highlightening it and click it, or choose Menu--Open. Then it will start an automatic installer.

Resco explorer do not contain a registry itself, but in the resco bundle, a separate program called resco registry editor is included. Run that program to access your registry.

Guest bnycastro

what is your device?

--

do you have a file manager application or registry editor application on your device? I use resco explorer for both file management and registry editing

--

to run the cab file you must select it in the file manager. the cab will run automatically to install the images. then copy the included xml Expea+v1.5.home.xml to Storage\Application Data\Home\ use this in Homescreen.

--

to do reg editing please have reg editor on your device. also please be sure you know what you are doing messing with the registry may damage your device. so follow the directions well.

Guest sk12345

My device is Motorola MPx 220.

I have successfully installed CAB file and changed the registery entiries also. Thanks a lot for the help.

I have one more issue. In my home screen, i do not see the line that give CPU details, and also any icons. The bottom half of the screen is empty. Can you please let me know if I missed something in the install process?

Thanks

Guest bnycastro

Hi sk12345

You need to have SmartMonitor from SmartPhinger for the bar to work. You can get SmartMonitor for free here as for the bottom half this is supposed to be the messaging, profile, all day and calendar plug-ins which are default in the os. Have you tried a restart?

Guest sk12345

Hi bnycastro

Currently, the display on my home screen shows four categories

1) Service provide, Date/Time

2) Messaging (SMS, MMS, EMail)

3) Profile

4) Calendar

There are two categories missing

1) CPU/HDD details

2) Icons (Shortcuts for programs)

Since these two categories are missing, the other categories(Messaging, Profile, and Calendar) moved up leaving the bottom half of my home screen empty.

For CPU/HDD details, you said, I have to get SmartMonitor.

For Icons, can you please tell what could be wrong. I looked into 'Expea+ v1.5.home.xml' file. It is looking for .lnk files in some directory and associating them to the icons. I am not sure I have those .lnk files. There are some other files with no .lnk extension. Should I make some changes in the xml file for icons to show up?

Guest bnycastro

I'm glad you explained your situation.

You seem to be missing to Plugins:

SmartMonitor from SmartPhinger download --> here

RJ Shortcuts download --> here

You must have both of these installed on your device to get the CPU meters (SmartMonitor) and icons (RJ Shortcuts).

Once you have these installed you can start editing your xml to point to the proper places (for the shortcuts)

--

You need these 2 plug-ins for the HS to work.

--

You may edit the xml to match what shortcuts you want on your HS. Just point to the lnk (you can even make your own 'silver' icons)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.