MMS Oddity

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

Just discovered this.

Send yourself a simple MMS (photo or something).

The C500 would simply open the MMS and display the photo.

The C550 'plays' the photo for a few seconds then stops and displays a white properties screen even though the MMS was a simple non-timed message.

Guest Pondrew

You know what? I recently sent myself an MMS (photo of Tower Bridge) to check the newly re-entered T-Mobile MMS settings had worked on my MDA III (HTC Blue Angel Pocket PC Phone). Exactly the same experience. The static picture 'played' with a progress bar and counter going upto 5 seconds before a white properties screen!

Guest Disco Stu

That's the same system as my Jam. It's a bit confusing at first working out how to save the image.

Are you not familiar with this from your Blue Angel, Pondrew ?

Guest Pondrew

Not sure if it did it on my original Rom but it sure does now. Neither myself nor many peeps I know are into mms so don't use them much.

Guest Matt Kirby

I've just got my C550, and I've had a couple of people send me MMS messages, and they've all done this- static image "plays" for a while, and then goes to the property screen.

The first MMS I got was from a friend on the 3 network, and I thought that it was a weird cross-network thing, but the other messages were from my girlfriend who is on Orange.

'Tis very strange!