SPV C550 & bluetooth

Guest RussH

Guest RussH

Well, I took the plunge with a C550 - reasonably impressed at the moment but there are a few niggles. The main one is I'm finding it very difficult establishing a bluetooth connection. I can send a picture from my Nokia 6230 but cannot send anything from my C550 to the 6230. I also can not get the C550 to connect to my Dell x50v PDA. In the past I’ve been able to connect my Dell to anything.

Bluetooth is an essential, I need this fixed!

Has anyone got any ponters :??:

Cheers

Russ

Guest neuty

RussH hi.

i`m getting the same problem as you .

my wife has my old samsung d500 and sending via bt is not a problem.

i can send a full mp3 song or short video from the d500 easy.

it recognises other bt phones easily too.

i have spoken to orange about this and they say its down to the phone makers HTC.

orange gave me there phone number ,when i called it was just an answer phone message to return faulty phones.

i like RussH would like any advice possible

big thanx NEUTY

I know it doesnt re really help you both, but i have no problems with BT on my C550. I can send pics and files to other phones (K750I & D500) activesync over BT and connect to my Acer N30 ppc.

You may have a fault, but Orange are wrong to refer you to HTC. They are the supplier and therefore must deal with warranty claims, not refer you to the manufacturer.

Guest Sir Max

RussH I am planning on getting a c550 and I currently have a Nokia 6230 I was wondering if you could tell me the good and bad pointers of it compared to a Nokia 6230. I found the Nokia 6230 a very good yet basic phone. I also have alot of pictures I would like to transfer to my c550 and stick on my Computer.

Cheers

- Max

Guest RussH

Well, at the moment the 6230 does everything I want....the C550 doesn't. I find the 6230 easier to navigate around the menus but will probably get used to the C550 in time. I was after a phone about the same size as a 6230 but with a larger screen, the C550 seemed to be the one. Also can't get my C550 to work with a Jabra 250 headset. I think BT is bolloxed on my C550....at least the battery life is OK!! :) I'll probably exchange the C550 for another one to see if thats any better. If still lousy I'll probably wait until the new offerings from Nokia come out in September.

You can always use a card reader to transfer the files from your 6230.

RussH I am planning on getting a c550 and I currently have a Nokia 6230 I was wondering if you could tell me the good and bad pointers of it compared to a Nokia 6230. I found the Nokia 6230 a very good yet basic phone. I also have alot of pictures I would like to transfer to my c550 and stick on my Computer.

Cheers

- Max

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest RussH

Just got this reply from Orange tech support....

"Dear Russell

Thank you for your mail.

I can confirm that Orange do not support Bluetooth, apart from the 'pairing' of

Bluetooth headsets.

Please call Data Support on 156 for pay monthly or 450 option 2 for payg and a

Representative will be pleased to try and help you.

Kind regards

Su

Orange Customer Services"

That just can't be true cause some people on the forum have got BT working, I believe activesync can use BT and of course apps like TOMTOM..........MUPPETS!!!! :evil:

Of course this is coming from the people that said the C550 did not exist when I asked a couple of months ago!!

Guest neuty

i have tried some different file sizes to send by bt.

smaller files like an mp3 ringtone or picture are no problem,but when i try to send something bigger like the vw golfgti add off tv (4.3mb)it fails or it says pending and the phone seems to freeze.if i quit the send it takes a while but the phone will return back to normal.

i don`t know if there is a file size problem sending by bt,but that is my biggest problem.

RussH, are you sure all your settings are all correct.

your bt setting should be on "discoverable" so you can recieve data.

Guest hotphil

I have much the same issue, can ActiveSync and send/receive small files via BT but it gives up on large sizes. I'm actually not convinced it's the BT because even when I try larger files via USB it does exactly the same thing. There may be something wrong with these phones.

Workaround I found was to use a miniSD USB2.0 pen drive from mobymemory (£4.99) which has the side benefit of making good use of the 128Mb card originally supplied with the phone. Downside is obviously having to shut phone down and remove card in order to edit files on it.

Pity it doesn't work as it should and Orange once again wash their hands of it. Still, gives me a warm feeling inside to know I'm still part of their large "anonymous user testing in live environment" programme they've had running since the first SPV!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LSmith4285
Just got this reply from Orange tech support....

"Dear Russell

Thank you for your mail.

I can confirm that Orange do not support Bluetooth, apart from the 'pairing' of

Bluetooth headsets.

Please call Data Support on 156 for pay monthly or 450 option 2 for payg and a

Representative will be pleased to try and help you.

Kind regards

Su

Orange Customer Services"

That just can't be true cause some people on the forum have got BT working, I believe activesync can use BT and of course apps like TOMTOM..........MUPPETS!!!!  :evil:

Of course this is coming from the people that said the C550 did not exist when I asked a couple of months ago!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What this operator meant was this use of the product is not supported by Orange. This means you can do it but they won't give you technical support on the issue.

Guest fmountford

Try this

on all your devices you are trying to connect delete the C550 in the bluetooth devices, on the C550 Delete all your other devices.

On the C550 go into Start, Settings, bluetooth, bluetooth, menu, com ports add an incoming port. (outgoing is disabled on mine???)

add similar incoming and outgoing ports on the other devices bluetooth settings.

Pair the devices again, when I paired with Windows XP it showed the incoming and outgoing port numbers in assigned to the phone.

I can now send and recieve files over BT but I still cant set up active sync.

Can anyone help?

Guest hotphil

I got my BT ActiveSync working OK. I did a search on here and found a link to a guide on C500 BT Activesync that someone had kindly prepared (sorry, haven't got the link handy). It was more or less the same for the C550 and got me up and running. I think the key is the large number of PC and device reboots that seem to be necessary as you progress through the setup. And ensuring the Advanced setting in ActiveSync's>PC Settings is set to BT rather than USB.

Edited by hotphil