C550 Headphone Picture Request

Guest RayBanUK

Guest RayBanUK

Hi all,

could anyone be kind enough to post a photo of the C550 headest that comes with it? Im not a C550 owner, I have the C500 but my headset has broken and was wondering if the C550 headset will work with the C500 and just wanted to know if there were any different. Any C500 to C550 converts comment on the sound quality?

Thanks in advance!

Ray

Guest catlas

post-3911-1123170085_thumb.jpg

Here ya go. Can't comment on sound quality, as I've never used them. But at a guess I'd say they weren't very good with poor bass response. I'm sticking with my skull candy ones :)

Guest hotphil

It is indeed a shocking headset that feels so cheap you immediately want to stop touching it. Two things I note are the nice addition of an inline volume control and the Nokia-stlye plastic clip together bits to go round the back of your neck and take some of the weight - you know the things that every Nokia owner you see can't seem to work out and so wander round with the inline mic/button over their crotch wondering why the earphones keep getting pulled out.

I'm used to some Sony EX71 canal phones and the C550 headset seems very poor in comparison, sound quality wise. Some may like it I guess. It gets ported around with me purely for when my iPod battery dies and has come to the rescue on a couple of occasions so far. Can't say I'd like to use it all the time.

You'd have thought that with a phone that seems to have music-playing high on it's list of features that HTC would finally have realised that some kind of ability to use our own headphones without any kind of stupid adaptor would be a good thing. Come on HTC, give us a 3.5mm socket or an in-line jack after the mic on the headset! It can't be that hard!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catlas

well. aside from that... I think the best thing to do is get a nice stereo BT headset.... like the ones from sonorix. Not sure if the phone supports AD2P (or whatever it's called), But I'm gonna buy a pair and find out - if it doesn't work, I can justify the expense by using them at work.. plus they have a built in mp3 player anyways (which is what I mainly use my skullcandy's for) :)