Pocket Music mp3 Problems

Guest Thumper Net

Guest peekie

Going through all my software i have i installed pocket music on my C550 and came across a nasty bug , installing the app was ok the screen was a postage stamp and that did not bother me much.

What happens after you select the map for the mp3 tunes is after the phone boots up again it cant read the mp3 files and comes up with a warning , this appys to both the mp3 tunes and mp3 rintones plus if you try to select the mp3 ringtone ( apart from hearing nothing ) is that the phone freezes up.

removing the pocket music application does not help at all .

the only way to get the mp3's back and playing is to hard reset the phone :)

I have notified pocketmind of this problem and they say they are working on an update.

So for the time being its best not to install this application and wait until they update it unless you enjoy hard reseting the phone.

Guest Disco Stu

After first extended use of WMP on the train to York this afternoon I was just about to install that very alternative.

Thanks for the warning Peekie :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peekie

Got this reply from pocketmind over the pocket music problems on the C550

We’ll issue the update that will work correctly on these devices with higher screen resolution.

You should disable association of mp3 files with PocketMusic (In main menu->Options->File Associations). Unfortunately, operating system will play ringtones only if they have default program associated with them. But you still be able to open and play mp3 files from PocketMusic.

Best regards,

Alexandra,

PocketMind Support Team

hopefully an update will come soon :)

Guest 40th Floor
installing the app was ok the screen was a postage stamp and that did not bother me much.
That didn't? Here's what I like to see in my SP app when I put it on an SP running at 240x320.

Guest machiavell1
That didn't?  Here's what I like to see in my SP app when I put it on an SP running at 240x320.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the 40th Floor app, can you just see a list of albums when using with the SP? ie like WMP or iPod, where you can scroll via album and click to see what tracks are on the album?

Thanks

Guest 40th Floor
On the 40th Floor app, can you just see a list of albums when using with the SP? ie like WMP or iPod, where you can scroll via album and click to see what tracks are on the album?
The file system found in the client when run on a PPC is not there -- it is, but it's not enabled -- but considering the possible file count is likely to be much less, doing the ordering via the main list (see pic below) should suffice for most. In [artist] order, the album name and track is included, so these are ordered in a makes-sense way: artist-album-track#. I don't use Wmp for music, let alone an iPod, so I can't compare with those. I have no difficulties in using this PPC app on my phone with about 120 tunes, though here I'm only showing it on the wm5 emulator (my phone is 176x220). The PPC app (actually, it's the exact same app) handles 40,000 files, as in, 40k, no problemo. This is realistic only when playing from an external source. My website has more on such an external/portable source, in the lossless/flac FAQ #52, though elsewhere in it, too. Not too relevant to phones, though, not any current phones, anyway.