is the Qtek S110 out?

Guest nickb23

Guest nickb23

Hi All,

Was going to get an upgrade to an Orange m500, but was looking around other tariffs, and saw the Qtek S110. It says it has 128mb of memory compared to the jam / m500 of 64mb. I know this has been the main problem with the jam from everyones messages. A site I found are doing it on on an O2 contract for £29 (£30 a month contract). First of all, is it out yet? Secondly does anyone have one? Is it worth getting, or is the m500 great even though it has only 64meg of memory.

I am also not too sure about getting the m500, as it seems accessories are not all compatable due to the shape / rubber bung

What shall I do, What shall I do.......

NickB

Guest Pondrew

Ah, the often referred to 'Super Jam'. As I think you already noticed it is possible to send off most HTC Magician's to have the ram upgrade (expansys offer this service). I assume the M500 is compatible too.

But the Qtek S110 is a very attractive option as the extra 64meg ram is already there! And the deal you describe sounds good. Care to share the site in question? :)

Guest nickb23

thanks for the info. the site is

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...14-Phones.ihtml, and it comes out today (so i have been told).

please can someoe clarify for me as i am a bit thick. with the s110, it has 128mb of ram or rom? Is this still a problem if I chuck in a massive sd card. What problems will I encounter if I get the m500 with its 64mb of memory compared to the s110 128mb?

Can anyone tell me if they have one. I cannot find any info for it anywhere.

thank you

Nickb

Guest Pondrew

:?: The site is contradicting itself. It begins rightly stating that the S110 has more memory then the Jam/MDA Compact/M500 (it should have 128meg ram) but then it says it has 64meg!

There's something fishy there. I had read the S110 had 128meg ram unlike the S100 which had just 64meg but that site doesn't confirm this.

Don't know that anyone will have experience with the device as it's not been widely available before now. Don't even know if it is available yet as buymobilephones.net may just be jumping the gun...

Guest nickb23

Sorry to be so stupid again, but what REAL advantages are there to having more onboard memory, rather than a sd card?

even though it seems a good deal, I am a bit dubious about all the pain there will be moving to another network.

thanx all

nickb

Guest Pondrew

Less memory means less programs can run at once. Also more memory intensive programs may not like being restricted to 64meg when most Pocket PCs today are 128meg.

It could also be said that although the 64meg HTC Magician is incapable of running Windows Mobile 5 well (due to the way WM5 now utilises memory), a 128meg model should be capable. This is heresay though as unless an operator produces an upgrade WM5 will never be released for these devices.

Guest nickb23

just worked out costs, and I think I will stick to the m500. I have to pay the rest of my orange contract off (6 weeks) to get my pac code, and the £30 for the s110.

I will see if they give me a free upgrade. If they don't I will go to O2, as it will be cheaper....

NickB

Edited by nickb23

Guest Br1an_g
As I think you already noticed it is possible to send off most HTC Magician's to have the ram upgrade (expansys offer this service). I assume the M500 is compatible too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you post a link to this service? i havent heard this before..