Wierd C550 camera problem

Guest gsm122448

Guest gsm122448

I've got a really wierd problem with the camera on my new SPV C550. Whenever taking a picture, no matter what ambience/quality mode I'm in, all the resulting pictures appear to have a posterised/negative look to them.

I've tried changing all the settings but they still produce the same result. Even a hard reset didn't fix the issue. The wierd thing is, video's recorded on the phone appear fine, and even the 'live preview' in photo mode works ok...it's just that after the picture has been taken it has these wierd effect imposed.

I've attached a picture I've just taken with the phone.

Any ideas???

post-124033-1123226988_thumb.jpg

Guest Xenzo1990

Am I right in saying that once the picture is taken its compressed into a JPEG Guys? Because that could be the problem? Not sure on this, but if you've done a hard reset and still not working, then I think it must be a hardware problem. If your phone is under 14 days old I belive you can ask for an immediate exchange.

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm. Unless anyone else reports having this I'd agree that it's best to send it back for a replacement. Can't explain why the lower res would work though :?:

Guest gsm122448
Did you also play with the adjust view options? Dunno if that would solve anything.. but who knows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did try the Adjust View option, but to no avail. In the end I called Orange, they confirmed it was broken...no attempt to diagnose the problem over the phone, perhaps this is a known problem?? Anyway, a new phone was with me the following morning :)

Edited by gsm122448