How to connect BT GPS with C550

Guest sunny183

Guest sunny183

Hi guys......just having problem with connecting BT GPS with C550...i fixed the screen scramble by following one of the post in this forum.

my GPS is a Fortuna Clip-On BT GPS and i used it with C500 TomTom mobile 4 quite fine with the COM6 ( incoming) and COM7 ( outgoing) enabled........Now i tried the same thing in C550 but my tomtom is not getting any signals from the GPS.......it says NO DEVICE FOUND! in the Configure GPS option.

the things i've done in C550 is --

1. Pared the GPS with C550 .

2. created the COM6 ( unsecured/secured both) for incoming

3. created the COM7 (had to select the GPS receiver from devices) for outgoing.

4. then tried running tomtom mobile 4 and still it says no signals even though the GPS has got 2 green lights indicating that its got satellite signals.

I also tried the other way by making COM6 as outgoing and COM7 as incoming. but still fails.

And i'm using the same MiniSD card on both the phones to fire up TomTom, It works fine when i try in C500 but not in C550.

I also tried taking out the battery from the GPS and leave it there for half an hour, but still no luck.

Now has any one of you successfully pared a BT GPS receiver with C550 and used it with TomTom?

Will be really helpful if any one can give a solution.

Cheers

Guest kitser

Yes. I've got the same problem. TomTom does not connect with the gps reciever. The blue led on my (Leadtek) gps reciever flashes. Thats a sign that the are not connected. When i pair the gps with my c550 the led on my gps reciever stays blue for a few seconds and then start to flash again. I think when te led on the gps reciever start to flash, the connection is lost.

I hope anyone has a solution for tis....

Edit:

Remove all the com poorts

Set a a incomming port at 6

Set a a incomming port at 7

Remove all the bluetooth devices from the list in the c550

Pair with your gps device

Start TomTom

Works for me!!

Edited by kitser

Guest awarner [MVP]
Cos they got a disc off their mates like me and its shite

Time to close then post then and suggest you go to TomTom for advice and your credit card details :)