MiniSD WiFi card!

Guest Confused Stu

Guest Confused Stu

After buying a very excellent SD WiFi card for my M500, I had a quick look at the manufacturers homepage:

http://www.spectec.com.tw/

and what do we see?

They list a MiniSD WiFi card!!!

There's not much info about availability or stockists, but it looks like the technology's at least possible and probably developed! Now it looks like we might find out if the C500/C550's miniSD slot is an SDIO or not! :)

post-61346-1123284145_thumb.jpg

Guest nedge2k

You're a bit late on this one, tis old news: http://msmobiles.com/news.php/3974.html

I have one comming soon for review but alas it will not fit into a c500 without modification...its a bit longer than a normal miniSD. Spectec assure me it will work with Smartphones though so i'll be testing on my spare c500 (which i'll be modding to make it fit), the misus mpx220 and my m500 for good measure.

Guest Confused Stu

Beaten by MSMobiles?!?!?! Oh, the shame..... :cry:

Cheers for the lack of abusive reply - must've missed that when it first appeared. Thanks. :)

Guest mupwangle

Other than the space, SDIO compatibility and complete lack of storage - I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't work in any new smartphone.

I'm currently connected to my router via wireless and I'm finding it difficult to maintain a connection speed higher than 1mbps. I'm only about 10ft from the router but there is no line of sight and there is a DECT phone in the way. I can't imagine that a low-power mini-SD card that is sited where it would be in, say, a c500 would be particularly useful.

I might be being completely pessimistic though. ;-)

• 3 months later...