update M500

Guest Bygones

Guest Bygones

because of the good relationship between orange holland and the website:

LINK REMOVED

orange firstly made this software update available for people who are registered to this website.

bygones

Guest peekie

Orange nl paid a huge part for the server from that website as the site wanted the members to donate for the server but not enough was collected.

so in a way i can see why they will use it for rom updates, saves them filling up their own webspace :)

moved to english section ;)

Guest RazorD
Is that English version or?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it was the proper english version for Orange UK, then it would be released on Orange UK's website :) I'll wait until people install it and see what happens!

Guest peekie

it is an english version as in the pocket pc world dutch is not supported like it is in the spv smartphone range . the only thing thats not the same is the gprs/mms settings these would have to be changed :) and you dont have to register to get the download as stated in the first post ;)

Guest Xenzo1990

I roughly translated the information on ppc-club. I got the following:

- GPRS is always on unless the user stops the connection himself.

- Stopping GPRS connection is now possible using the red call end key.

- There are some changes to the orange world portal (couldn't understand this).

Guest peekie

i dont know what extra applications the uk version of the m500 has but the dutch one has the following..

fonix voicedial

spb gprs moniter

better camera ( photos now better on my qtek s100 )

the orange world bit will not interest the uk owners its only links to the dutch version of orange world. :)

Guest dan13l
i dont know what extra applications the uk version of the m500 has but the dutch one has the following..

fonix voicedial

spb gprs moniter

better camera ( photos now better on my qtek s100 )

the orange world bit will not interest the uk owners its only links to the dutch version of orange world.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The UK Orange rom has Fonix and SPB Gprs included.

I'm not sure about the camera app though...it could be that the better defaults have been applied (as suggested in a thread elsewhere on this forum).

It would be nice to know what the cab that installs the camera is called though...