Windows Mobile Vista

Guest Lennon1980

• 1 month later...
Guest J-Foundation

right, here's the deal.

i've been trying to get this one working for a while now.

here's what i get when i put the .cab file on the device and run it :

Snap001.jpg

as mentioned before, the carrier label is huge (in this case, that's about the top third of the "T" of T-Mobile).

i am a web designer, and although i have not used .XML files before, i dived in to edit the file, because i know basically what i'm looking for, and as has been said, it's not that difficult to work out what you're looking for.

but no. i've tried editing just about every variable i could find which would have any relation to the carrier label font, and many of the others, just to check what would happen, and nothing seemed to work. i changed the details, replaced the edited .XML file back onto the device, tried switching off the phone and back on, and still i get no result.

so, if anyone out there can help me further, it'd be greatfully appreciated.

and you, sir.......

Oh and by the way,,,,,to all of you who want people to hold your hand and walk you through every xml edit by hand, get a life. Read the XML file and you will EASILY understand what is going on. The author has clearly seperated each section. Stop being so lazy and asking people WHAT EXACTLY DO I DO??!?? I have had NO XML EXPERIENCE and I figued out what modifications to make within 10 minutes. GET IT ON!!!

//not meant to be rude

///just want people to think for themselves

////the xml file is written PERFECTLY

/////thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....you need to learn that not everyone is in the same boat.

your reply infuriated me no end, considering that i see myself perfectly able to manage this level of task, yet the problem still remains. so have a think about it and hang your head in shame.

Edited by J-Foundation

I know my way round a smartphone pretty well - had one of the original SPV's and now have a C500. I have had the "huge font" problem on a number of themes and have yet to find a) a reason for it and ;) a way to deal with it. Why does this happen? If anyone has a final definitive answer to this it would make me really happy, its been bugging me for ages. I get the impression that people are editing the xml files but why would you need to do that if the theme has been produced for a C500?

Edited by anselm

• 2 months later...
Guest andrewufl

When I try to install the .cab file it tells me it's not a valid Windows CE file.

Could it possibly be corrupted?

I'm using WM2003 on an HP HW6515

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.