Orange Contract Ending Question!

Guest syphern

Guest syphern

Hi guys I am current on orange and have a c500 i really want a m500. the thing is my contract runs out on the 26th and i have already notified orange to cancel it. I asked them if i canceled this contract and went on orange again when i found the right deal will that be ok? The guy at the orange shop told me once i cancel my contract with orange i cannot reconnect to orange for 3 months. is that true? or can i recconect to orange again somehow and get the m500, the thing is i like to look at deals from different sites. so im not sure what to do! Please help anyone...

Guest Confused Stu

I did it the other way round. My contract was due on 18th August, so about three weeks ago I went on-line (through the link on CoolSmartPhone) and started a new contract with Orange for an M500 - for free on my £30 tariff! I then rang Orange and told them to cancel my old contract when it expired. They made some noises about them being able to match the M500 free, but only if I doubled my talk-time monthly fee, so I laughed and declined.

The only fly in the ointment was when I asked about transferring my number over to my new contract. He didn't think it was possible, but if it was it would probably be at least £30, and it would take several weeks, blah, blah, blah. I just said never mind and simply used my first texts on M500 to tell everyone my new number. Orange also sent me a pay-as-you-go SIM with my old number on for my C500, so if anyone does use my old number I still get the messages.

I know it's not quite what you're doing, but if I can have two contracts running at the same time with Orange - what possible reason could they have for "banning" you for three months?

Good luck dude.