Call Assistant...

Guest Dumdidum

Guest scar45

Hey Sven,

I want to try to help you out, as I have a Moto MPx200, and I live in Toronto, Canada. Here is what I see on my phone when I get a ring:

+1 (416) 555-5555

Just wondering how I would incorporate this into the "pre-selection" area. Just for the records, my country code is "+1" i suppose, and my area code is "416".

I am a little short on time right now (have to step out for a meeting soon) but I will try this as soon as I get a chance. In the meantime if you could let me know what to set for the "pre-selection" area, that would be great!

Us Northern Americans could really use this program too! :)

Thanks

Guest Dumdidum
1. = 07

2. = The whole number.

3. = No Message Box

I am using SPV C500 with the debug version.

Still not working.

I have also tried 0, the whole number of the person calling and +44

None of these work either. :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm if there is no message-box at all, the preselection is not the problem...

I will update the debugger with more visual things...

Hey Sven,

I want to try to help you out, as I have a Moto MPx200, and I live in Toronto, Canada. Here is what I see on my phone when I get a ring:

+1 (416) 555-5555

Just wondering how I would incorporate this into the "pre-selection" area. Just for the records, my country code is "+1" i suppose, and my area code is "416".

I am a little short on time right now (have to step out for a meeting soon) but I will try this as soon as I get a chance. In the meantime if you could let me know what to set for the "pre-selection" area, that would be great!

Us Northern Americans could really use this program too! :)

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm I see the problem!

Here in switzerland it is +4178888888 without any "(" and ")"!

Is the (416) only reservated for mobile phones? But if you enter the number you enter +14165555555 and not +1 (416) 555-5555 do you?

I will try to update it, it's cool that Smartphone's can switch main language, so I will try to US thing...

Sven

Guest Dumdidum
1. Active it.

2. Friend rings my phone.

3. The phone rings, but i dont answer it. (Should it ring?)

4. he gets a message from my phone with my message.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it should ring, so you can take the call if you want! only if you press hangup or wait until the caller is haning up the message is sent!

Sven

Guest Dumdidum

Ok I have now a new debug version:

Please have a look at these points:

1. On the top there are 2 numbers, are they changing after a call? (Please post both numbers!)

2. Is there any message box?

3. US/CA should now work too, preselection for the number:

+1 (416) 555-5555 must be:

+1416

Download:

http://www.ruttensoft.com/files/callassistant_debug.exe

Note: This version will not send the sms, it will simulate it so it does not cost :-)

Cheers

Sven

Edited by Dumdidum

Guest rperalta

Did anybody get this work on Windows Mobile 5?

I have an Audiovox Smt5600 runnning WM5 but it's very sluggish and sometimes the current screen still shows some previous screen. Thanks so much!

Guest Dumdidum

Hi

I hope that I will get a Typhoon with WM 5.0 by the end of the week, so I will update the software so that it is running on the device...

Sven

Guest rperalta
Hi

I hope that I will get a Typhoon with WM 5.0 by the end of the week, so I will update the software so that it is running on the device...

Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great! Please PM me if you want beta tester for Windows Mobile 5.

Thanks,

rperalta

Guest mayo98

Is it posible to know what does preselection number means ? I'm from singapore and I tried 9, +659 and 659 but to now avail.

When someone from singapore calls me, what i see is (916)94114. How do I know what is the preselection number ?

I tried all the combination but its not working for me. Is this limited by the country you came from ?

Guest Dumdidum

Hi

Preselection means just the first numbers of the whole number...

Here in switzerland we have 3 mobile operators:

Orange which has 078, Sunrise 076 and Swisscom 079

So every mobile number starts with one of these 3!

So I can add 078, 076 and 079, but it does also work if I add just 07!

I don't think that it is not working cause of the preselection!

Could you download this debug version:

http://www.ruttensoft.com/files/callassistant_debug.exe

and answer these points:

1. On the top there are 2 numbers, are they changing after a call? (Please post both numbers!)

2. Is there any message box after a call?

3. How exactly is the number shown in the calllog on your device?

Thanks

Sven

Edited by Dumdidum

Guest tsutton
Can you make this to work with SMS too? i.e. I'm in the meeting, someone sent me an SMS and it auto-replies with the pre-set messages?

Thanks.

Think Sven overread this... reposting. :)

Guest the-jackal

OK this is wht happens to me.

Numbers at top are 4 and 4

Call comes in as normal and i leave it. They hang up.

Then i get a few boxes to answer as follows.

Auto Reply (i press ok)

New Entry (i press ok)

ismissed (i press ok)

Preselection ok (i press ok)

Attemt to send SMS (i press ok)

SMS Sent (i press ok)

Numbers now 5 and 5

The log has recorded the missed call and says the SMS was sent ok.

No SMS was recieved from caller after 5 mins

Edited by the-jackal

Guest Dumdidum

Nice Jackal! I have disabled the "real sms sending" in the debug so it does not cost anything!

It should work for you, I will just enabling the real sending and then you can test it!

Sven

Guest Dumdidum
Think Sven overread this... reposting. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:-) I did not overread it, just searching for a solution! It's quite a lot of work to implement this, but I will try to do so!

Cheers

sven

Guest Dumdidum

Hi all

Ok I have now merged the debug and the original-version! If it is not running, you can enable the debugger in the application itself...

If you could proceed like the following, I think that I can solve the rest of the bugs in the fastest way...:

1. Download the application: http://www.ruttensoft.com/ccount/click.php?id=3

2. Enter the callers mobile phone preselection (first numbers of a phone number, as shown in the Callog, but without any () and -!

3. Call to the device and hangup (you don't have to hangup on the application-device, you can hangup at the callers device too, so you don't have to pay combox)

4. If nothing happens and no entry is in the "SMS Sent"-Dialog, enable the debug modus!

5. Now note the 2 numbers at the top of the application

6. Call again and then please write here:

6.1 The 2 numbers, and if they have changed

6.2 Messagebox's if they appear

6.3 if no Messagbox is appearing, please go to the Calllog-Application on your device and write the number format here

Thanks a lot

Sven

Download:

Sven

Guest mayo98

No message box. No number in the log. It only displays 100 100. See the screenshots. I also tried uploading the file but it didn't allow me I dont know why. Anyway mine didn't work. No messagebox for the debug. It didn't do anything. I'm using XphoneIIm running on Windows Mobile for Smartphone 2003 SE

Guest mayo98

What is mean is :

1. I see the name of the caller with (916)94114 in the Call Log (Windows Mobile)

2. In the application "Sent SMS" Nothing

3. When in debug mode I just see 100 100 on top and it never changes.

Guest the-jackal

May be being a bit picky now but i have a couple of issues. How do you de-activate it? and when i go into the log, although you get the choice to dial. it only highlights the time and not the number of the missed call.

Guest Dumdidum
What is mean is :

1. I see the name of the caller with (916)94114 in the Call Log (Windows Mobile)

2. In the application "Sent SMS" Nothing

3. When in debug mode I just see 100 100 on top and it never changes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I See the problem, that's why It was important to know all these things!

My app watches the callog for changes, but I did not know that the callog has only the 100 last entrys! So if you have 100 entrys it will stay at 100 entrys and that's why it doesn't send anything! I will try to fix that, but if you delete the calllog you will be able to use it!

May be being a bit picky now but i have a couple of issues. How do you de-activate it? and when i go into the log, although you get the choice to dial. it only highlights the time and not the number of the missed call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Deactivate = Just exit

The other thing is really cosmetic, there are several smaller things to fix but first I want to make it compatible with all others out there!

Sven

Guest fozzie

Working nicely here on my Orange C500 :)

Tip for people having problems - try restarting the phone after installing; it wasn't working for me straight after the install but started working fine after a power cycle ;)

Guest Dumdidum

Cool!

As I said it will not yet work for people which are calling a lot :-) If you have more than 100 entries in your calllog, it will not work...

But an updated version will be available today!

Sven

Guest Dumdidum

Hi all!

I have just updated the code, so I think that it is now working on the most devices!

There was a problem relating the calllog, I didn't know that it is just saving the last 100 calls, not more...

here you can download the updated version:

http://www.ruttensoft.com/ccount/click.php?id=3

Could you please give a feedback if it is running?

Thanks

Sven

Edited by Dumdidum

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.