m500 cAr cradel

Guest Chevvy

Guest Chevvy

Hi

Just wondering what cradle you guys using for the m500 in car. I have seen one at mobilefun.co.uk but they havnt got back to me if it will fit the m500 even though it states in the item description it will fit a m500 but in the picture it shows a jam.

I am just after somthing to secure the m500 in the car nothing to fancy.

thanks

H

Guest Confused Stu

Until I get a proper car cradle, I have found that my M500 fits perfectly and snugly in my Alfa 147's dashboard cup-holder! Seriously, it can't move at all, can only rotate about 5 degrees and it's in the right position for me to see the screen!

OK, it's not ideal, but until people start making car holders for it, it's better than running round on the passenger seat! :)

Guest digger

I have the Brodit passive holder. It says it's for the Imate Jam, MDA Compact etc.

But it works fine with my M500.

I got it from Expansys £25 approx. You will need the adaptor to attach it to the dashboard.

I would assume that if this one fits the M500, then any one stay says it works for the Magician phones will work fine.

Guest Chevvy
I have the Brodit passive holder. It says it's for the Imate Jam, MDA Compact etc.

But it works fine with my M500.

I got it from Expansys £25 approx. You will need the adaptor to attach it to the dashboard.

I would assume that if this one fits the M500, then any one stay says it works for the Magician phones will work fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

http://www.expansys.com/accessory.asp?code...unting&count=16

Is this the holder you have on the link???

Expansys have emailed to say that cradle on the link wont hold the m500 even though they have it listed as a m500 Accessorie.

Digger if you say this cradel fits the m500 then I will order it, as its the only cradle I have seen that dosent cover the rear speaker.

Thanks to all for your help.

Anyone else got any recomendations for car cradles, i could really do with one as i keep haveing near misses looking at the sat nav, I dont want to spend a fortune (£100 or more for some ive seen). All i want is one that will hold my spv m500 preferably to the dashboard ratherr than the windscreen.

Ie seen some that work using magnets, will this affect the phone in anyway

cheers, kev

Guest pug205
Anyone else got any recomendations for car cradles, i could really do with one as i keep haveing near misses looking at the sat nav, I dont want to spend a fortune (£100 or more for some ive seen). All i want is one that will hold my spv m500 preferably to the dashboard ratherr than the windscreen.

Ie seen some that work using magnets, will this affect the phone in anyway

cheers, kev

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the brodit car mount (http://www.brodit.com). Brodit make the best car cradles bar none. I have the passive holder for my M500 (848625). You have to purchase a car mount as well, they support 99.9% of cars and offer a number of mounting locations as well. Brodit would always be my first choice.

www.MobileFun.co.uk had the best prices.

I have the brodit car mount (http://www.brodit.com). Brodit make the best car cradles bar none. I have the passive holder for my M500 (848625). You have to purchase a car mount as well, they support 99.9% of cars and offer a number of mounting locations as well. Brodit would always be my first choice.

www.MobileFun.co.uk had the best prices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is the 848625 a mobilefun number as i cant for the life of me find it on there website.

Guest Chevvy

Got the following delivered today from mobile fun

1 x PDA Cradle - i-mate JAM & MDA Compact @ 9.95 GBP each

1 x Mounting Port - Air Vent Mount @ 4.95 GBP each

The cradle fits the m500 good.

Thanks for all your help guys.

H

Guest Behold

I have made a holder that works perfectly in my car hidden fittings etc. my biggest bone is i have to plug everything in to it.... i want it all just slide in...... for tomtom its needed.....

So I've not found a cheap(ish) in car solution for the M500 yet, so I've tried a DIY option.

I've got a in car holder from Halfords (which I had for my old P900) which has adjustable sides, and it can hold the M500 perfectly well.

The rubber bung thing at the bottom gets in the way when I try to plug stuff in (I'm serioulsy considering cutting the rubber thing off).

I've just bought an in car Flash Disk MP3 player / FM transmitter thingy, which I hoped would be the 'cheap' answer (I got it on eBay for £10).

This thing is meant to plug into the Cig socket, plug a USB flash disk into the back of it, tune your radio into the relevant station, and press play on the adaptor and 'hey presto' - you can hear MP3 tracks playing on your radio.

This works great.

But, this particular adaptor also has a 3.5mm jack input socket for connecting to other audio devices (iPod etc) - and this is where I thought I'd be clever.

I've made an adaptor cable (from an old headset) with the 2.5mm plug on one end, a 3.5mm plug connected to the audio outputs (what were the headphones) and a microphone connected to where the headset mike was. Using this plugged into the jack socket on the FM transmitter I can hear the phone through my radio and talk using the mike (mounted on the visor) - which works pretty well. I can then use the media player (when I get a 1Gb SD card) on the phone to play music in the car (using Voice Command to control it - which is really cool).

The 'icing on the cake' was going to be that if I then took a USB cable from the FM transmitter to the M500, although the M500 isn't a Flash Drive (and so the FM transmitter thingy won't recognise it), I assumed the power connections would still be there (to charge the phone) - and yes this works as well!!

Success...... or so I thought. For some reason there's a wierd inteference thing going on when I've got both the audio connection and the USB power connection connected at the same time. It makes the Radio signal 'phase out' every 3-4 seconds (which is really annoying).

So, I can use the M500 as a media player, and handsfree throught the car radio, but I can't charge it. Maybe I'll try a separate, dedicated car charger (and get one of those double socket adaptors for the Cig lighter socker), and see if that overcomes the 'phasing' problem.

It's still a pain plugging the M500 in though....

The other alternative is that software for the M500 that emulates a USB Flask disk, and then try playing it through the USB connection (this may or may not avoid the phasing problem) - but I guess this still won't give me the 'hands free phoning' functionality.......

I'll let you know how this 'project' progresses.....

PaulF

Guest harrinp1

I just received the Brodit cradle for the i-mate jam and can confirm it

fits okay. I got this plus the proclip for my car from GPSforLess for

39.99. Not the cheapest option but certainly worth the money.

Just ordered a brodit passive mount for the iMate Jam and the proClip mounting solution for my E46 BMW from mobile fun and essentialipod.co.uk (for the proClip). In total its cost about £40 so its not the cheapest of solutions but its futureproof - in the sence that I can just buy a different cradle and keep the mount and its a good brand!

I'll post back my thoughts on the product as soon as its delivered!

I have the Brodit active car holder for the M500 which fits really well apart from the fact that the usb power socket does not allows line up that easily and you have to carefully waggle the phone around to get it to fit.

For the unpowered versions I would say the fit was perfect but don't try forcing the fit on the powered version.

Sorry, mines the unpowered version - think I might have posted the wrong name :roll:

EDIT: No I didn't, just read your post wrong - damn I need some sleep :o

Edited by amo

Guest harrinp1
Does the Brodit cradel rotate (it says swivel) - but was wondering if it can be manipulated to rotate to show the screen in landscape?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it does, I just installed my passive holder in my Saab 9-3.