Crazy Parrot!

Guest davejerome

Guest davejerome

I have just got a new C550 and have had a Parrot CK3300 for ages. I just did a firmware update on my parrot (4.11 i believe) and now when you start the parrot up it mutes stero and seems to connect a call. However it is actually just using the parrot for the loud speaker (rather than speaker for calls). When you hang up on the parrot it goes back to normal. Anybody had the same with their C550. This would be great if it worked for Tom Tom (when it gets updated)

I have just got a new C550 and have had a Parrot CK3300 for ages. I just did a firmware update on my parrot (4.11 i believe) and now when you start the parrot up it mutes stero and seems to connect a call. However it is actually just using the parrot for the loud speaker (rather than speaker for calls). When you hang up on the parrot it goes back to normal. Anybody had the same with their C550. This would be great if it worked for Tom Tom (when it gets updated)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine started doing the same today - but was fine for the first 4 days of C550 ownership.

Guest davejerome
Mine started doing the same today - but was fine for the first 4 days of C550 ownership.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes!!! Exactly the same here!! I am assuming that the next firmware from either parrot or Orange will fix it.

Yes!!! Exactly the same here!!  I am assuming that the next firmware from either parrot or Orange will fix it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rebooting the phone has fixed it for now. Rebooting the Parrot had made no difference..... Very Odd

Rebooting the phone has fixed it for now. Rebooting the Parrot had made no difference..... Very Odd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry for sounding like a complete clutz, but i had to look at the thread simply becasue of the title, but what is parrot!!!?

i have no clue!! :??:

Guest davejerome
sorry for sounding like a complete clutz, but i had to look at the thread simply becasue of the title, but what is parrot!!!?

i have no clue!!  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Parrot is a bluetooth carkit that uses your car radio speakers for when a call comes in (so quality is very good) it also boasts a GPS reciver that sends a signal to your phone for Tom Tom, Mapopolis, Co-pilot etc, so you don't need to have a tomtom gps slapped on your dashboard. Great if you like neat looking installs!

Edited by davejerome