Playback volumes..

Guest spgster

Guest spgster

Hi,

I have noticed that my ringtones, and even normal sounds (tunes) are played back at levels that vary. I have my ringer set to 4, but when my phone rings, some times it is dead quiet othertimes it is load as it should be.

The same for playing sounds. If I play say a wav file through the media player, with volume set to 100%, it doesn't seem that loud compared to how loud a ringtone can play.

Lastly, when setting the ringtones, you can have the option to play them. The playback for these is almost silent on my phone.

The phone is brand new (1 week old).. Is there a setting I can make for this or is it an inherent bug.

Steve

Guest TheBadger

I have noticed a similar thing. I think its cause there are a few volumes to change. Like on a PC where you have the volume with in windows media player and the system volume (that little icon in the sys tray).

If i turn the volume down in BetaPlayer then exit even with the volume set to 100% in WMP it sounds quiet. But then if I go into BetaPlayer turn the volume back up and exit, WMP now sounds loud.

I had also noticed the same thing. However, just tried editing the 'system sound volume' in the settings > profiles > Normal to LOUD and that seems to have sorted out the variable volume levels nicely.

Supes

Guest m1.carson

Yep,

sounds about right, I'm using an MPx200 and if I turn the volume down in media player,it changes the profile from loud to normal, then I miss calls, very annoying.

SPGSTER I haven't a new fangled phone like yours, but if you dab the on/off button, profiles come up, scroll to loud/outdoor press done and the ringtones will be as loud as they'll ever be, until you change the volume in media player again.

Edited by m1.carson