SPV C550 & Emulators

Guest DSF

Hello

I'm wondering how the emulators run on the C550... on the c500 SmartNES has some slowdows when audio emulation is enabled and when pressing keys.

How does SmartNES work on the SPV C550? There are slowdowns? The emulator work on the whole screen or 75% of the screen?

How about other emulators (snes, gb, gbc, etc)?

Guest bitbank

As far as running my emulators, the C550 performs about average for a 200Mhz device. The joystick response is excellent and the video memory is reasonably quick. I'm working on a few commercial projects which will hopefully be released over the next couple of months.

Larry B.

Guest SilentlyScreaming

re. Processor, same as C500, afaik, it rated @ 200 MHz, but runs at 170MHz, to save power (heat an issue as well maybe??). Also, if apps are natively full screen, and run 240X320, on the same processor, I'd have though it will sometimes struggle to display the same detail as a C500 running at its lower native resolution.

Anyone heard of any plans for looking into a CPU speed scaler app, like on XScale PPCs? Slower when phone is 'resting', more power when the grunt is needed...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SilentlyScreaming

^B^U^M^P^

1) Anyone heard of plans for CPU speed scaling apps?

2) Anyone able to point out the flaw in my logic re. same CPU, higher screen res=occasionally slower than same CPU, lower res, or is this possibly correct?