Gsm fix how too

Guest mvrotc

Guest gorcorps

You have to find the gsm fix rom (which is hard to get like the 2003 one) and update the phone just like any other rom update. I believe it's an illegal rom too, so you'll have to google it yourself to find it as I can't help you any further.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Also you only need the GSM fix is only technically needed for the Cartman ROM, if you have any other version the fix will not help you as such as it's already there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yomotox
Also you only need the GSM fix is only technically needed for the Cartman ROM, if you have any other version the fix will not help you as such as it's already there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had just flash wm2003 but i'm not sure if i must apply gsm fix. How can I check if i hold Cartman Rom or another one?

TIA

Guest zebraitis
The Cartman rom gives you Cartman from Southpark as a boot screen.

If you do not have that then you do not need the GSM fix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK... So, I have an "AT&T Wireless" MPx200. Risking all, I have flashed the "Cartman" Rom, the Language Fix, and the GSM Fix.

So now, my [settings] [about] states:

Microsoft® Windows® Powered Smartphone 2003

Version 4.20.0 (Build 13349)

Radio Version 1.0 © 1996-2003

Of course, [settings] [Phone Settings] [Preferred Band] still shows only three options: Auto, 1900, 1800.

Here is my question: How can I tell that the "GSM Fix" fixed anything?

Also, any suggestions to make this a better device are welcome.

Vincent

MPx200, hacked.

2GB SD

Jeyo Personalizer

Moto FileManager

Moto System Info

Moto Task Manager

PocketTV

PHM RegEdit

Syncdata Smartphone Notes

TCPMP Media Player (formerly BetaPlayer)

Vieka Word Pad

Visual IT Simple Toons

... and some time wasting games, of course.

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you now have better reception (don't go by what the bars indicate) then the fix has helped. If there is no change then there is not much you can do now to improve reception apart from maybe try another network.

As for more things to improve the phone, get a better file manager and task manager.

I use both apps from www.binarys.com they are simple to use and have always done the job for me since the first SPV was released.