DrBlowGV

Guest abhayseth

HELP!!!!

the file gets downloaded as a .php file - the phone dosent undertand what the php file is & asks to choose the application.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Regards,

Abhay

Guest abhayseth

Now what - i copied the files & folder to the application data folder but when i go searching in the home screen menu cant see this as a home screen..!

HELP!

As I will be updating this screen in the near future, for now it's just a case of copying the files to your phone via activesync, so install the plugins, then unzip the zip and copy the xml file & folder into Storage\Application Data\Home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest gerrylou

:roll: @ drblow ...great stuff M8 luv da screen...edited shortcuts to suit, small fook-up and can't find it in the xml!

centre vertical bar between 'Calender | To Do List' won't fookin centre...drives me mad with such a great screen.

many thank

Glad you like it, thanks!  :D Try the xml file attached here, to see if it fixes the stoopid line between the tabs.  Let me know if it works, eh?

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DrBlowGv,

I have just moved back to an SPV and very glad i did. I bought my C550 for a fantastic price on ebay and have spent the morning playing with the home screen and getting the unit to work with o2.

Man i love modaco and thanks for the great screen ;)

Guest gerrylou
Glad you like it, thanks!  :D Try the xml file attached here, to see if it fixes the stoopid line between the tabs.  Let me know if it works, eh?

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Super M8 spot on thanks for yer hard work ;) , best regards Gerry

Guest chizzle3110

Does Anybody know how to make the text bigger for the to do list and the calander

????????????????????????????????????????????

It seems nobody wants to answer me. This is the 3rd time i have asked

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Guest gerrylou
Does Anybody know how to make the text bigger for the to do list and the calander

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit the XML home file (with XML editor!) 1/2 way down the page ye will see calander text size !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, if you had taken the time to read through this thread, you woul dsee that the issue has been discussed. Second, if you install the latest facade plugin (0.95) & use the xml I posted just above here, that should solve your problem.

Please don't forget that this forum is a resource, and that if questions have been answered before then people may not simply repeat that answer just for your benefit, but will expect you to look for them first.

Guest ian_r_l

chizzle

edit the DrBlowGV1.home.xml file with notepad (on your PC) and locate the <!-- Global/default settings for all instances of the Facade Plugin Control --> section of it

Find all the font-size="6" entries and change them to 10 or 12

Save the file and transfer it to your phone

Hope this helps

hi there all. I am trying to get this to work but having a few problems.

I have installed the facade plugin

i have copied drblowgv1.home and the drblowgv1 folder to \Storage\Application Data\Home

My phone is a t-mobile sda11. cannot see the bars for battery, mem etc. AM i doing something wrong or do I need another plugin ?

many thanks, please help.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mini_man

I noticed you had a reset button on the home screen, could you possibly turn this into a program link for me so i can also include it in my start menu

Guest Jamma14
I noticed you had a reset button on the home screen, could you possibly turn this into a program link for me so i can also include it in my start menu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a part of the facade plugin, so I don't think you can turn it into a shortcut to have in your start menu.

Have a search on google though, I believe there's a few restart utilities out there, one I recommend is called iMenu.

Jamma

EDIT: Coz I can't spell :roll: ;)

Edited by Jamma14

Guest mini_man

excellent, i just copied the restart and removed the imenu, as i like my profile quicklist. Is there anyway to add this to the quicklist?? btw still using ure mac theme jamma!

Guest Jamma14
excellent, i just copied the restart and removed the imenu, as i like my profile quicklist. Is there anyway to add this to the quicklist?? btw still using ure mac theme jamma!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, sorry I don't think it's possible to edit the quicklist, although you can access the quicklist from iMenu so that's what I tend to do.

Glad you're still using it, as am I ;) , I've been looking for a solution to the missed calls and new sms problem, of them not popping up until the phone is unlocked, but am yet to find a solution. (Dr Blow can you have a look, any suggestions??? I tried putting them within the orange plugin at the bottom but it didn't work). :-k

And XP should be along soon too, just got a few more graphics to do, and need to find a fix to a little .xml problem I have there too. Should be uploaded by the end of this month, just bin busy with exams and stuff recently so work's been postponed for a while.

Jamma

Edited by Jamma14

• 1 month later...

Hm.. anyone tried the C550 Skin on an WM5?

I installed it on a qtek (8310) with orange plugin installed (works, tested with mac and XP theme ) and changed all links in the XML from \Storage\Application Data\... to \Application Data\... Files are also all placed correct.

Now the whole theme works (facade, smartmon, rvtime etc.) Only the Top bar has some Problems. The left Icon seem to be right: "SMS: (0) Email: (0) Vmail: (0)" appears. When selected, ENTER opens mailmenu.

But when I switch right, profiles calendar and calls get not highlighted, and no infos apperar. Enter also don't work. After cycling through these 3 buttons I reach IE (SMS highlighted, then moving right 4 times).

This also works, IE now get highlighted and "Hotmail" appears.

But why don't the 3 others work?!? Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...
Guest b35ty

Hey i can only find the trial of facade, and i don't wanna pay for it. Was it free in beta stages, but not now, or what? I don't wanna lose this great homescreen after just a few days.. help!

Guest doc0r

Hi great home screen, I could use some help with getting this to work properly on the c600. If anyone can post a working xml for this I would very much appreciate it.

The main problem I am having is with spacing. The time and clock is basically still at the top of the screen and not situated in the boxes made for them. I also dont see the images for the meters at the bottom, battery etc. Is this because the files are bmp ?

Any suggestions welcome

Cheers

Edited by doc0r

Guest doc0r
Have you installed the necessary plugins?

Hi drblow thanks for the reply.

Yes I installed facade followed by rjtime followed by smartmonitor. Once those were installed (reset after each install) I then placed the folder and the xml filew in Storage/Application Data/Home as required.

I think it is something to do with the top scrolling icons as I can not select these at all. It is as though they are not there and everything else has been placed from the top down.

Im not sure how to capture a pic, if I can find out I'll post one.

Cheers

Guest drblow

If you have a WM5 device, then there is a small change in the xml required. You need to open the xml file in notepad & remove all refernces to /Storage from the image paths. Let me know if that works! :)

Guest doc0r
If you have a WM5 device, then there is a small change in the xml required. You need to open the xml file in notepad & remove all refernces to /Storage from the image paths. Let me know if that works! :)

Thanks for that, the images for those now display, however Im still having a problem I think with the top section. I cant seem to operate the scrolling icons across the top at all.

Any clues ?!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.