Disappointment - m500

Guest jscotl

Guest jscotl

I recently changed from c500 to m500... Loving the smartphone idea, but I'm detecting variances of expected/obvious functionality....

Unless I'm missing something that is :)

When I create an sms, from a stored contact, the sms No. of the recipient is shown as opposed to the name :?:

Incoming messages do display the sender's name, if I hold a contact for them.

Is this by design :??:

It seems a backward step :cry:

I hope Microsoft is taking notes :exclaim:

Guest dan13l

When you compose an SMS, use the keyboard to tap out their name, then select from the "intellisense" popup above the keyboard.

If you use the T9 input, you don't get a popup, so you're forced to use the contact window, which just adds the number.

Guest chucky.egg
If you use the T9 input, you don't get a popup, so you're forced to use the contact window, which just adds the number.

Good explanation, but it kinda sucks!

I've been trying to learn to write messages using the PhonePad, but when I noticed this I kinda gave up on the idea of one-handed messaging. :cry:

I even tried PhonePlus, which is OK, but once you get to writing the body of the message it reverts to Abc format, having used T9 all the way up until then! Doh!

Guest jscotl

Thanks Dan13l - It works with the Recognizers too & transcriber :exclaim:

For the record Chucky.Egg, I don't think Dan13L's explanation sucked :) (Could not resist sorry. 8)