Storage Space

Guest Xenzo1990

Guest Xenzo1990

Humn... My m500 is due today, so is my screen protector and memory card. The screen protector and memory card didn't come in the post. Still waiting on the phone though.

So if I get the phone today, ill obviously want to put programs on it. How much space is there on the phone to store things on? Without the big storage hack.

Edited by Xenzo1990

Guest sporkguy

In short: not a lot.

Use an SD card if you have one lying around, and when ActiveSync prompts you to 'install to default directory' select no and pick your storage card instead.

Also, if you're installing from the actual device (using cab files), then I recommend you use CabInstaller, which I've attached for your convenience :)

CABINSTL.rar

Guest Xenzo1990

Can't you just select storage card when installing CABs? like on the smartphones.

Basically, if my phone comes today im gonna have to wait till tommorow to install programs when my sd comes.

Guest chucky.egg

You only seem to be able to choose where to install to if you use the installer that sporkguy posted, or if you install through ActiveSync

Some things will only install to the phone (things like Spb PocketPlus, ClearVue etc)

I tend to install via ActiveSync (cos I'm often at a PC), but cancel the installation and manually copy the CAB file to my SD card. That way I can choose where to install to, and keep a copy for any future rebuilds of the phone.