Anyone else here a fan of motorsport.

Guest Alison Astraware

Guest Alsicole

Myself and Mr B (rwbthatisme) are big motor racing fans. Just wondered if there were any other Windows Mobile users with a similar obsession.

We're off to Knockhill in Scotland this weekend for the British Touring Cars. Racing there was bonkers last year, so we're looking forward to more of the same this year.

Guest Samsonite

motorcycle racing is my obsession!!

I spent a year as a Lap Scorer (holding the pit board over the wall to show the rider how far in front he is!) for a mate of mine and luvved it!!

Every MotoGP event gets watched WITHOUT fail - the wife loves that!! Altho i gotta confess to have never been to car race in my life - even tho i sold a certain ex-F1 champ his Harley Davidson years ago...

Guest Disco Stu

I love the tourig car championship but haven't been to a round, just followed ITV's coverage.

My mum has seen a video of James Thompson's wedding as her mate knows his mum...or something...

Guest Pondrew

Enjoyed watching the BTCC from the Esso hospitality suite at Silverstone a few years back. Very good but not as good as the times I've been to see the F1 live.

I'm a huge F1 fan. Been following it since 1993 and very rarely miss a race.

I'd also highly recommend the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Went this year for the first time and thought it was excellent. My bro and I ended up joining the back of Jenson Buttons entourage as he swept by on his way to a sponsorship commitment. Almost walked into the back of him when he stopped! Felt slightly out of place given the press were almost literally resting their camera lenses on my shoulders! I don't think there's a better opportunity for the average man (or woman!) to get close to the cars and drivers of motor sport.

Guest Alsicole

I keep saying we'll go to the Festival of Speed, but it seems to clash with other things. We went to the British Grand Prix this year and whilst it was fun, we sat at Becketts and it was actually a pretty boring place to watch the race.

We're debating whether to go next year or whether to splash out and go to Le Mans instead. Everyone I've spoken to says you should go to Le Mans just once even if you're not a particuar fan of sports cars.

We were supposed to be going to Las Vegas to watch the CHamp Cars racing in September but Mr B's stupid company wouldn't let him have that week off.

I'd also like to go to Indianapolis for the US Grand Prix next year, but after this year's F1 fiasco, it might not happen next year :)

Guest psionandy

Another F1 fan here... went to the British GP a couple of years ago and had a fantastic time....

Goodwood sounds great too, I'll have to give that one a go

Guest Pondrew

Yeah, it was the British Grand Prix a couple of years ago that I was at too, the one where the nutter ex-priest ran onto the circuit and tried to play chicken with the Formula 1 cars. I can tell you there was quite a cheer when the marshall finally caught up with him and rugby tackled his ar*e before dragging him off the circuit.

We sat on the inside of the 1st corner and don't think we could have chosen a better place. But I hear you're no longer able to spectate from the inside of the Silverstone circuit at F1?

Guest tonijj

A F1-fan reporting in! :)

By the way, for all you fellow F1-people, HP has made a small program with all the current info on the F1-WC for PPC's that you can update frequently. Lost the URL but its there ;)

Cheers

*patiently waiting for the race in Italy*

Im also a fan of F1

does anyone have a particular fav team?

I wear my BAR tshirt every raceday :) <-- o dear

hopefully BAR will pay off frank so jenson can stay.

how did everyone like turkey?

i loved it, prolly one of the best races this season.

I just use www.itv-f1.com to keep up with all the latest, its updated all the time.

ill be hopefully going to malaysia for the GP in 06 with my firend his GF's dad can get cheep tickets wooo

Edited by b0bby

Guest Alsicole

I like Pitpass for F1 news and Autosport.com for all motorsport news and Crash.net is good too as they have an Avant Go channel and separate RSS feeds for each type of motorsport.

Pondrew - you're right about not being able to spectate from the centre any more. Bernie claims it's because of security issues! (yeah right, more like being able to sell the space to high-paying corporate guests).

What's occurring at Donington in September? I'm planning to go to Brands for the first A1GP event.

Here's the Grand Prix software from HP http://www.ipaqchoice.com/Generic3.aspx?page=grandprix

Guest Pondrew
does anyone have a particular fav team?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My favorite teams since 1993:

Williams (to this day my favourite team although I DID NOT appreciate them showing Damon the door)

Sauber (not so much anymore but back in the days of Frentzen)

Jordan (not anymore but when Eddie Jordan was at the helm - sadly missed)

Have to admit that I have a grudge against BAR ever since their arrogant attitude (we're going to win our first race!) on entering F1. Served them right to then score NO points in their first year. Jenson Button deciding he had the right to forget his commitment to Williams hasn't helped...

I like Pitpass for F1 news and Autosport.com for all motorsport news and Crash.net is good too as they have an Avant Go channel and separate RSS feeds for each type of motorsport.

...What's occurring at Donington in September? I'm planning to go to Brands for the first A1GP event.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a site I use for F1 news regularly... will try and find it...

As for A1GP, I've been intrigued since finding out about the new series at Goodwood and seeing one of the cars driven.

Big fan of both cars and bikes, been to the festival of speed 6 or so times and went to the touring cars at thruxton for a few years as well!

I prefer rally but have never had a chance to go see it apart from the teeny rally mock up they built at the festival of speed this year.

Hopefully going to le mans 24 hour next year, as my brother has been a couple of times and its meant to be an awesome few days.

Anyone who hasn't been to the festival of speed should go, it's an excellent day out old to new cars and bikes, some racing legends, and you can normally pick up tickets free from the times!!!

Guest Matt Whitfield

Like watching motorsport (F1, WRC, BTCC, DTM, Le Mans) but enjoy participating much more ;)

Did a spot of tarmac rallying at uni in a 1380cc rally spec mini and did the odd other car related thing like skid pan training and stuff. Recently did a Caterham Motorsport organised slalom day which involved caning a Caterham Super 7 with race suspension and clutch around a cone filled car park - excellent fun... dougnuts around a cone anyone? :)

Guest Alsicole

Well we were in Knockhill for the BTCC this weekend and it chucked it down the whole day. We didn't mind as we were fully kitted with jumpers, waterproofs etc, plus a good few drops of rain made the racing VERY interesting. For those of you who didn't see it on Motors TV, look out for the ITV coverage of it next weekend (probably after the F1 GP on ITV).

For anyone who goes to the motorsport, Alan Hyde who is one of the commentators is the proud owner of a Pocket PC Phone Edition device. Maybe he should join here too!

Anyone else know of any celebrity PPC/Smartphone owners?

Guest nedge2k

WRC BABY!!

Used to love F1, the old BTCC and DTM when i was younger but it rallying all the way now! ;) The rest have got too bogged down with rules and regs. Not that rallying is much better but at least its more intresting to watch/do. My mates and I have marshalled the UK leg of the WRC a few times. Tis great! Stand about, tell people what to do and watch the best that WRC has to offer...plus it costs u f' all :( I did Motorsport Engineering at Uni too :)

Glad to know its not just Paul and i who are into cars here :D

Bring back Group B!