C600-Qtek 8310 same phone?

Guest chs_arg

Guest Confucious

It might be or it might not. There has been no news on the C600 for ages, it was, I believe only a rumour, probably had it;'s name changed to C550.

If or when Orange release the Tornado (Sold as the qtec 8300/8310) they may or may not be called the C600.

I have no inside knowledge of Orange plans, only what I've read so it's highly possible that someone could come along and contradict me!

• 2 weeks later...
It might be or it might not. There has been no news on the C600 for ages, it was, I believe only a rumour, probably had it;'s name changed to C550.

If or when Orange release the Tornado (Sold as the qtec 8300/8310) they may or may not be called the C600.

I have no inside knowledge of Orange plans, only what I've read so it's highly possible that someone could come along and contradict me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

C600 will be launcehed in France in a few weeks, apparently-check it out on Coolsmartphone.com

Guest Confucious
C600 will be launcehed in France in a few weeks, apparently-check it out on Coolsmartphone.com

It's i the news section here and it does look like the 8300/8310.

I think it looks more like a restyled C500-The 8200/8300/8310/C550/SDA Music/SDAII are all rectangular-The C600 is tapered at the bottom like a C500...

Edited by jhils1

Guest mupwangle

I don't think the casing is anything to go by - the jam looks nothing like the M500 for example.

From the specs I've seen the C600 looks very like the new Qtek.

Guest Pondrew
...the jam looks nothing like the M500 for example.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock: dunno about that. The M500 is obviously an HTC Magician same as the I-mate Jam. The differences are small like the M1000s round buttons to the XDA2 square buttons. In this case a slightly more chunky case.

I believe the c600 is the HTC tornado that will be offered end of the year/possibly early next year under a number of styling options. The french or UK site with the c600 is the only one I've seen with that styling (very c500). The c550 I believe is based on HTC hurricane but with qvga screen and its just been released in china as the dopod 586 (almost identical to dopod 585 but with qvga screen). It appears HTC will continue the current styling trend with their upcoming tornado, that will be the HTC flagships for mobile 5 smartphones and hopefully include WIFI, edge and upgraded processor omap 850. One blackish and business like (qtek 8310), one ipodish for music (qtek 8300) and one following the grey and silver lines of the old and successful c500 (c600). Whether you can get all the style variants on your carrier or country is another matter and no doubt HTC and its consulting componentry manufacturers will add other tornado styling variants to confuse us all. But I'll forgive HTC if they also release the concept Blizzard phone at a similar time :o

Hope this helps...