Text message delivery reports (M500)

Guest carlosfandango

Guest carlosfandango

This is on an Orange SPV M500.

I know you can request a delivery report for an individual Text Message from the

options menu when editing the message, but is there a way to make delivery reports the default for all Text Messages ?

Just like to know I'm getting through to people !

Carlos

Guest Pondrew

Found it! Now this tweak referred specifically to the HTC Blue Angel (SPV M2000) but in my experience HTC Pocket PC Phone registries work in the same way...

SMS Delivery Reports - Always on!

1) Go to the \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\ key.

2) Add a Dword called "SMSDeliveryNotify" if it does not already exist.

3) Set the value to "(0x000001)" or just "1" depending on your reg editor.

No need for soft reset - create new SMS and check Tools > Options - already ticked for delivery notification.

Please note: This only works for NEW created messages - you stll have to manually select if replying or forwarding.

Guest carlosfandango
Found it! Now this tweak referred specifically to the HTC Blue Angel (SPV M2000) but in my experience HTC Pocket PC Phone registries work in the same way...

SMS Delivery Reports - Always on!

1) Go to the \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\ key.

2) Add a Dword called "SMSDeliveryNotify" if it does not already exist.

3) Set the value to "(0x000001)" or just "1" depending on your reg editor.

No need for soft reset - create new SMS and check Tools > Options - already ticked for delivery notification.

Please note: This only works for NEW created messages - you stll have to manually select if replying or forwarding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, that worked a treat. Had tried searching the reg. for a key, but drew a blank with it not already existing. I now know I'm getting through to people without the aid of a sledge hammer !

Cheers

Carlos

• 5 months later...
Guest Shuriken1

Hi, I've been wondering about this since getting my M500. One small question with that method, how do I get into the registry on my phone?

Thanks,

Shuriken1.

Guest Shuriken1

Hey Mark, I've just had a quick look in the cab file as I like to know what it does before I run it. It doesn't ranslate very well into text but it looks legit, has the correct registry key in there and nothing else. I think its safe.

Thanks for the help Everton,

Shuriken1.

• 3 months later...