How to add icons to PocketPlus?

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

I've got PocketPlus (2.1) which I'm using mainly for the shortcuts to apps, but I can't work out how use my own icons for shortcuts.

I've put them in \Program Files\PocketPlus\Icons as .ICO, .BMP and as a collection in a .PNG but it just wont seem to let me use them

Anyone know how to do this?

Guest chucky.egg

Finally found this on Spb's web site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I add my own icons to Spb Pocket Plus?

There are 66 different icons in Pocket Plus. To change icon tap and hold it and select Change Icon from pop-up menu. You can also add you own icon to the list. Find "custom16.png" and "custom32.png" in "\Program Files\PocketPlus\Icons" folder on your device. Copy these files to your desktop. Now you can edit these files with any image editor. To add new icon you should create two similar icons of size 16x16 and 32x32 pixels. Add 16x16 icon to the end of the "custom16.png", and add 32x32 icon to the end of the "custom32.png". Make sure that after editing "custom16.png" has height 16 pixels and its width can be divided to 16. Check the same with the "custom32.png" image - its height should be 32 pixels and width can be divided to 32. Copy these files back to "\Program Files\PocketPlus\Icons" folder on your device and perform a soft reset. Now your icon is added to the list and you can use it. 

Guest chucky.egg

Jeez, this really should be easier!

What you need to do is:

1) Take a backup of your current Custom32.png and/or Custom16.png first

2) Use an image editor (e.g Fireworks) to...

2.a) Make the Canvas longer, making sure that the length can be divided by 16

2.:) Make the Canvas colour #FF00FF

3) Add your icons to the end of the image

4) Cut/erase very carefully around them and space them correctly!

5) Save it again under the same name

6) Copy it to your PDA

7) Soft Reset your phone

Phew.

I only use big icons, so I only changed the Custom32.png, if you want smaller icons too you need to repeat the process for Custom16.png

Attached is a copy of my new Custom32.png and a template (which you can copy into a new layer in Custom32.png) to check the spacing of the icons (and then delete the layer with the size grid on it)

post-13469-1125745525_thumb.jpg

post-13469-1125745542_thumb.jpg

Edited by chucky.egg

• 11 months later...
Jeez, this really should be easier!

What you need to do is:

1) Take a backup of your current Custom32.png and/or Custom16.png first

2) Use an image editor (e.g Fireworks) to...

2.a) Make the Canvas longer, making sure that the length can be divided by 16

2.:) Make the Canvas colour #FF00FF

3) Add your icons to the end of the image

4) Cut/erase very carefully around them and space them correctly!

5) Save it again under the same name

6) Copy it to your PDA

7) Soft Reset your phone

Phew.

I only use big icons, so I only changed the Custom32.png, if you want smaller icons too you need to repeat the process for Custom16.png

Attached is a copy of my new Custom32.png and a template (which you can copy into a new layer in Custom32.png) to check the spacing of the icons (and then delete the layer with the size grid on it)

my icons always show up with the fuschia background..how can i make it disappear?