Is it all updates, that removes multikeypress?

Guest misterhamper

Guest misterhamper

Hello. I had my phone to reperation, and they updated it with the newest Orange update, but now i can't make multipress with the number-keys. I recall i could that before the update.

Now, do all updates remove the multipress from the number-keys? Or can i 'back-update' to a old update, that don't have screenflickering in game and still have multipress? And wich one?

In the stickied tread, it just says "[EDIT: You can't after update]".

Can you please tell me, thank you. I got a SPV C500 and no sim-unlock.

I am especially thinking about the new spvSW3D (Shadow Warrior 3D). I use 2, 4, 6, 8 to walk with, but i can't hold both 2 (to walk forward), AND 4 (to turn left) at the same time. And that is a big flaw for me :) Can that be fixed with an older update, that got multipress?

I would just like an update with no flickering in games, and multipress with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. Isn't there such an update?

Edited by misterhamper

Guest misterhamper

Well, what updates got no keypress-issue? Then i can live with flickering in the screen, as long as the new ports of Duke3D and Shadow Warrior 3D and Doom don't flickering. Do they?

PLEASE TELL ME:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

Guest misterhamper
There appears to be a lot of re-discussion of the keypress issues on the C500, so I thought I'd take 5 minutes to explain it - then hopefully we can go back to discussing other things on the phone.

The phone supports multiple simultaneous keypresses on the number pad just fine, no problems there.

[EDIT]this is not true if you install the update[/EDIT]

The problems occur when you press the 'joystick'.

http://www.modaco.com/C500_keypress_issues...ed-t113971.html

But there, it stands, that it works fine before the update. Now what update is it, it worked fine with? Where do i download it?

Guest Pondrew

Wish I could tell you something. Apparently multipress hasn't worked on any of the released roms for the HTC Typhoon. I can't comment on whether it worked on the original rom.

Guest beersoft

i think it kinda worked on the 4.0. rom (the one with the gapi bug)

4.1 fixed the gapi and broke the multipress

4.2 gave back direction and keypress (i think)

later

Owen