2Gig SD Card - compatible with M500?

Guest pisquee

Guest chocolatelustboy

Anybody know of any limitations with the MMC cards?

Wondering if maybe I should consider MMC instead of SD - finding it very hard to source the 2MB SANDISK ULTRA II card in New Zealand and not many places offshore offer the option of international shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Johnno1865
I think the long and the short of it is that if you have a Jam or whatever equiv you will need to steer clear of the faster cards.

Appears that 60x or 66x cards are AOK but the 133x, 150x etc are not working properly. I really dont know about the pda2k etc but on the himalaya (aka xda2) the faster cards work.

It doesnt appear to be an OS or ROM version thing but a hardware thing. My xda2 running wm2003 is very compatible with the 150x Adata card but the mini coughs and dies.

Ive worked in with my memory supplier to test this theory and have now sent them an email on the results so I hope they will go back to their supplier and let the info flow to all the right places. Maybe the next person wont have to go through it all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bretto, I've had exactly the same problem with the same card.

Can anyone recomend where I can get a cheap 1gb SD Card for the M500??

Cheers

Johnno

Can anyone recomend where I can get a cheap 1gb SD Card for the M500??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are some cards mentioned earlier in this post that will work fine. I found that the Adata card of slower speed works very well for me.

You could check Expansys for a card.

Edited by bretto

• 3 weeks later...
Guest grindinglenny

I've bought an A-Data 1GB 150x Turbo SD for my M500/Jam and it has the same problems as mentioned above yet it works fine in my laptop.

I've tried a friends PNY Technologies 1GB (5x) SD card and it works perfectly in both my M500 & my laptop.

same as Boycee... The original memory is for sale if anyone is interested (I'm based in London)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Disco Stu
Does anyone know if this card works on the m500?

2GB Hi-Speed 80x SD Integral Memory card from mobymemory.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a problem with MobyMemory's own brand 2gig cards which they acknowledged. I notice that the M500 doesn't appear on the compatibility list.

You shouldn't have any problems with the SanDisc alternative though.

• 2 months later...
Guest BigHairyDave

I just got a 2Gb Integral 80x SD from MobiMemory for my S110 and guess what ? It didn't work even though it says that Qtek S100 works. Doh! I'll have to send it back and try and get a Sandisk.

D