MPX200: make a Temporary Internet File path...

Guest proud mary cadillac iiii

OK. I try to copy the temporary internet file folder to mounted volume, but access is denied.

The reason why I want to do this is because:

1) temporary internet files take up a lot of memory, so I'd rather have internal memory stored for programs only.

2) acessing from the SD card is faster than acessing the internal memory. Thus, I should be able to load pages faster from sites I visited before and are stored on the SD card.

How do I copy the temporary internet file to the SD card so my web pages will load faster? How do I create a file path that will direct all temporary internet files to the SD card?

Guest awarner [MVP]

You will not be able to copy the folder from the phone to the storage card and make it work as the phone will not see the path.

What you will have to do is edit the registry

First of all create a folder on your storage card (I used Temp) then you need to edit the following registry locations.

HKEYLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\Cache\Content\ Click Value then CachePath you can then edit this to the path you require.

There is also

HKEYCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cache From there you do exectly the same as above.

One word of warning though, if you remove the card while using IE you may suffer a system crash which may result in you needing to do a hard reset.

You will not be able to copy the folder from the phone to the storage card and make it work as the phone will not see the path.

What you will have to do is edit the registry

First of all create a folder on your storage card (I used Temp) then you need to edit the following registry locations.

HKEYLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\Cache\Content\ Click Value then CachePath you can then edit this to the path you require.

There is also

HKEYCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell Folders\CacheĀ  From there you do exectly the same as above.

One word of warning though, if you remove the card while using IE you may suffer a system crash which may result in you needing to do a hard reset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried this and, lol, it works! LMAO, just visiting a couple of web pages fills up the new file path on the SD card; far more data than what's usually recorded in the internal memory storage. Today I determine if recently viewed pages are retrieved faster.

Thanks for the info... :)