C500-Bluetooth headset - "set as handsfree"

Guest mwille

Guest mwille

Here's the deal : I just got my Plantronics M2500 headset (which is just perfect by the way). I use it for my C500 aswell as for Skype on my pc. I also use bluetooth to sync my C500.

Whenever I have either synced the phone using BT or used the headset for Skype on the pc the following occurs : I can't use the headset with the phone anymore unless I go through the menu's to set the option "set this device as handsfree" for the headset. Very annoying !

Anyone had this or know of a fix ??

Oh, I always keep only one device activated : ergo OR the headset is on BT with the pc OR the phone. Never both..

Good advice appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest venomgames

I also can only use the headset once unless I go through the menus to set the option "set this device as handsfree".

I get this with my new Bluetrek G2, bought last week. To be honest I am not 100% sure whether it should be on headset or handsfree profile anyway as a battery saver?

However my older Siemens headset used to light up the headset icon on this phone.

Any info appreciated

Peter

• 6 months later...
Guest ian_dickinson

I too had real problems with my old M3000 headset and C500. But on a whim, and the fact that M3000 was uncomfortable I saw my local Asda selling the M2500 for £25. So bought one and it's transformed my life. Turn on the headset and the phone detects it at once. With the M3000 I had to go through the hassle of pairing every time.

The button on the headset to start and end the call works as well. All for only £25.

Cheers

Ian