Auto start apps at boot

Guest pkruger

Guest ronswens

Great app. Thank you very much!

Sometimes in Start menu I don't see the icons for the apps that are installed to the Storage Card. I think the reason is the same - Storage Card is not ready when appman.exe loads the icons. Could your StartUp Manager fix this problem?

Guest fozzie
Sometimes in Start menu I don't see the icons for the apps that are installed to the Storage Card. I think the reason is the same - Storage Card is not ready when appman.exe loads the icons. Could your StartUp Manager fix this problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not try it and see?

Edited by fozzie

• 2 months later...
Guest ronswens
Why not try it and see?

I can live without it ;)

I've made my own app for the same purpose (actually tired to install cab and copy сfg file to My Documents every time after hard reset). Now I just copy StartUpCard.exe to StartUp folder and when the phone reboots it waits untill Storage Card is ready and runs all the shortcuts and exe-files from the \Storage Card\StartUp\ folder.

If anyone interested I will post the app.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pavankp

In WM5, applications on storage card do come up if you have links to them in the \Windows\Startup folder. But there are a couple of problems I noticed. Sometimes the home screen doesn't come up properly if it is on the storage card. If xbar is installed on the storage card and you have a crontab set, it gives an annoying notification that the cronchk.xmc macro could not be run.

So my question: does this run on WM5? And is it required/useful?

Pavan

Guest ronswens

It does work in WM5, I certanly recomend to install it if you have apps on Storage Card that run on startup. In my opinion the problem depends on your particular Storage Card, many people don't have this problem at all.