Orange Trials - Convergence

Guest bdmoore

Guest bdmoore

Hi all,

Not been on here for a long time but I had a mail from Orange Trials last night inviting me to apply and this seemed like as good a place as any to discuss it! :)

There was no info on the trial but the URL mentioned convergence so I'm guessing that's the title of it, just wondering if anyone else was aware of this and knew what it was - a quick google search brought back a few pointers towards integrated devices and I thought perhaps a trial of the HTC Universal / M5000? If so then I hope I get accepted ;)

Hi all,

Not been on here for a long time but I had a mail from Orange Trials last night inviting me to apply and this seemed like as good a place as any to discuss it!  :) 

There was no info on the trial but the URL mentioned convergence so I'm guessing that's the title of it, just wondering if anyone else was aware of this and knew what it was - a quick google search brought back a few pointers towards integrated devices and I thought perhaps a trial of the HTC Universal / M5000?  If so then I hope I get accepted ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too got the email and registered. Knowing my luck it'll be for some Nokia rubbish.

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it's a Symbian something-or-other

Not entirely clear on what the trial's going to about - could it be another stab at replacing land lines? (ala EveryDay 50)

Were y'all not asked about laptops? I did the survey and it asked, then it followed up with "do you use a data card?". I assumed the trial was something along those lines. Shame they didn't ask what your profession was; I'm professional QA, ideal for this kinda thing. Gimmie the toys, gimmie gimmie gimmie!!