Orange M5000 / T-Mobile MDA Pro

Guest gbsimpson

Guest pfsteel

Not sure about the law...I'll call them again tomorrow and complain..

I too happy with the MDA PRO to worry to be honest.. DAMN lovely little thing.... :o

Guest London_jonny

I couldnt believe how fast I got it! I order it around 7pm last night and it turned up with the postman at 8am thi morning!

Orange could learn a few things from T mobile about customer service!!

Guest dazza12

It's not been a good morning at all. At my client premises this morning, one of his employees was showing me his new phone. An M5000. How the hell he got it I don't know. I've just called Orange, both the business and the normal CS number, and I've been told it's still not available.

Both their business units and normal CS, have stated that it's unlikely the phone will be made available this month. Neither know how a small business customer already has his hands on the phone, and neither of them are willing to put me through to a department that would know any further details, for example the Executive office. I've just fired off a fax to the Exec office, however I doubt I'll hear from them for a couple of weeks, if at all.

I've given Orange until close of business tomorrow to give me a definate date of release of the M5000. If they do not respond, or the date is more than a couple of weeks away, I'm giving my notice. So, it's up to them. They can either pull their fingers out and be proactive for once, or lose £100 monthly business to a more reliable network. It would seem the more important customer base for Orange is the teen "£3 per annoying ringtone" sector so I doubt I'll hear from them. I'll post updates to my PDA related website.

It's looking from posts on here that Tmobile seem to be the way to go. Any agreements on that? Or is it just that nobody's got their hands on the O2 Exec yet?

Edited by dazza12

Guest Confucious

It's cheaper from T-Mob than Scancom now:

#

our phone

T-Mobile MDA Pro £149.99

Next day delivery £5.99

#

Your Price Plan

Web 'n' walk 200 (18) £38

#

Discounts

Half price line rental -£19

Self serve discount -£3

#

Total cost

Today £155.98

Monthly £16

Just wish I knew what their coverage was like in this area. There checker is useless - it doesn't have Brighton which is about as far south as Crawley is North from here. It says Crawley will have coverage by "Mid 2005" yet Gatwick which is on the edge of Crawley already has coverage.

It does seem there coverage is likely to be "sketchy" which is a shame as I have full 3G coverage with 3 but their walled garden makes it pretty useless.

Still , it's very tempting. If I get a job tomorrow I might just buy one. Are they still impossible to unlock though?

Guest philtech44

Right! That's it!! I've had enough of their bright future!

I've been monitoring this forum in the hope Orange would pull their finger out and get the M5000 out - but oh no...

I was due a free Orange upgrade in August & have put it off waiting for the M5000 even being offered back then an M2000 + bluetooth adapter for free because I spend over £140 a month with Orange & I'm classed a heavy user - I have been with Orange since 1995 too!

But I am not waiting any longer... what's the point?

So tell me people... should I go woth T-Mobile or 02 ??

and if anyone from either network read this and wish to offer me a fantastic deal bearing in mind my usage and monthly balance... feel free to email me!!!

I want my M5000... and I WANT IT NOWWW!!!!!! :x

Right! That's it!! I've had enough of their bright future!

I've been monitoring this forum in the hope Orange would pull their finger out and get the M5000 out - but oh no...

I was due a free Orange upgrade in August & have put it off waiting for the M5000 even being offered back then an M2000 + bluetooth adapter for free because I spend over £140 a month with Orange & I'm classed a heavy user - I have been with Orange since 1995 too!

But I am not waiting any longer... what's the point?

and if anyone from either network read this and wish to offer me a fantastic deal bearing in mind my usage and monthly balance... feel free to email me!!!

I want my M5000... and I WANT IT NOWWW!!!!!!  :x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

totaly agree i'm waiting till end of the month now if i don't have M5000 by then i will be going to change network only want to stay with orange beacuse they offer 3g where i live and the other networks don't (got to have 3G).

also i dont want to be moving 6 phones to another network but like to have one contact for all the phones i have.

PLEASE MISTER ORANGE PULL YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR ARSE AND RELEASE THE M5000 NOW. :twisted:

Guest Confucious

T-Mobile is available now. O2 isn't. T-Mobile 3G coverage seems "sketchy"

No-one seems to have good 3G coverage (excepot 3 who have a walled garden) and only T-Mob have actually released the Universal.

I want one NOW with decent coverage.

I also want a flying pet pig......

No-one seems to have good 3G coverage (excepot 3 who have a walled garden) and only T-Mob have actually released the Universal.

I want one NOW with decent coverage.

I also want a flying pet pig......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O2 is showing as available now on their website.

I was in a T Mobile shop today and asked about their 3G coverage. They told me that it was mainly in Central and West London (which happens to cover me!) with "pockets" around the rest of the country. They did say it was expanding fast though.

Guest pikelet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got my O2 Exec sat on the desk in front of me now. It's lovely.

Actually, I've got a few niggles. But to be honest, a few niggles with a device that does this much Stuff seems rather churlish.

Am slightly disappointed that the Blackberry client software I'd read was going to be present on the Universal isn't actually here. But the Exec does comes with Pocket MSN pre-installed, which has saved me best part of a tenner, and which lets me communicate with people who aren't anything to do with Work.

So I suppose I should be grateful, on balance.

And am I mistaken, or do 3 not piggyback on O2 masts? Therefore, shouldn't O2 coverage be equivalent to 3? Or do 3 users only use O2 infrastructure when they're out of 3's service range?

I think I'll wait for O2. I want a data only tariff as I already have a mobile from work for voice calls. I really want the Exec as a data tool only and O2's data only tariffs let me have a lot more data for the same monthly price. I also don't like the idea of an 18 month contract. This area's moving too fast to be tied in for that long.

It's just horses for courses I suppose.

Guest davidjtaylor
It seems that pricing is now available for the M5000. Wonder if that means the phone is launching imminently?

May be too late for me though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you see info on pricing for Orange M5000? cant see any details on the website.

thanks d. :?:

Guest kennethmccann

Received my o2 Exec yesterday, top piece of kit, very impressive with all the features in one device.

A few little niggles but they're mostly due to still learning where everything is after using a P900 for the last year.

My only complaint is that there was no memory card supplied, not even a throw-away 32Mb, just a blank.

Another that moved from Orange, they don't look after existing long term customers, but instead throw sales pitches at you every time you phone up rather than tailor your plan to how you use your phone month in, month out, they're chinese whisper style of communication never has and still doesn't work - if you asked the same question 5 times, you'll certainly get 4 different answers if not 5.

I don't really care how good or bad o2 are, I'm bored of the same old Orange & I know I'll save a decent amount over the 18 months anyway.

Kenny

Didn't someone report a 512mg sd card is included from T-Mobile? Seems T-Mobile's MDA Pro is ahead in terms of value at the mo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The t-mobile MDA comes with a 512mb minisd with a converter for full size, also i'm in south London suburbes for work and can get a 3g signal there and at home which is down south towards Worthing/Brighton 30 miles, so 3g coverage seems ok ;) , sweet device too :D

Guest rickyburke

i apologise if i'm wrong, but i heard today that Orange will release the M5000 on the 17th October, thats this monday.

But with all the delays and the high demand, think we might have to be quick to get one!

Guest dazza12

I think you might be right. The CS rep I spoke to earlier today had a feeling it was imminent, there's apparently been a flurry of information in the call centres about the M5000 today. It would appear that today's date had been discussed amongst many people, as the rep I spoke to has fielded an unusually high number of calls about the M5000 today.

It's too late for a launch today now, if it was going to be launched today it would have been done sometime this morning. I would expect a launch directly from Orange on Monday/Tuesday with it's retail launch (ie stock and final POS materials at shops) within a week.

Which is a shame - I was hoping to be waiting patiently for Parceline to arrive tomorrow with a package for me.......

Guest 73bugcab

Just rang orange and confirmed that they have no m5000 dates yet. I then asked for PAC code as O2 just offered me free exec on 600 or above and 75mb data for just £18.50 month. After nearly ten years Orange say goodbye to me and my £100 per month.

Guest pfsteel

Well I'm confuse now then..I'm with t-mobile and VERY happy with the MDA PRO and their customer service but I popped in to an Orange shop in Milton Keynes a few days ago and they had the M5000 on display with a price of £199 on a £50 tariff so it's definately available from them now.

They asked if I was interested and I pulled out mine and told them the t-mobile pricing.. They laughed and said that they couldn't match it...

Shame because I like orange but today I got my orange pac code and transfered it to the Big T...

Got mine through scancom yesterday. Slightly more expensive than directly through T-Mobile, but as I've just moved house, T-Mobile couldn't run a credit check -- go figure!

Came with a 512Mb Mini SD + converter, as other people have confirmed.

I looked at O2, but the only data I could find was 4Mb for £5/month, then £3 per additional Mb -- which works out at £115/month for just the 40Mb you get free on T-Mobile Web'n'Walk. 73bugcab - is that £18.50 a business tariff?

I, too, have just left Orange (after 9 years). What surprised me was that they didn't even ask why I was leaving when I asked for a PAC.

I looked at O2, but the only data I could find was 4Mb for £5/month, then £3 per additional Mb -- which works out at £115/month for just the 40Mb you get free on T-Mobile Web'n'Walk. 73bugcab - is that £18.50 a business tariff?

The £18.50 (not inc VAT by the way) is an O2 data tariff. It's my understanding that you can add a data tarrif to any voice tarrif, personal or business.

Guest 73bugcab

As far as I am aware the 75 mb £18.50 is available to all. I have not yet been in to the store to collect/sign up. If the 3g web browsing goes well I may end up taking the 200mb for £25. Orange really are miles off the pulse on with their data pricing and customer retention.

Guest rickyburke

the t-mobile tariffs look good when you see the cost of the phone, but considering too get a good handset price you have to sign up for 18 months, thats not so good!

rather have it for 12 months, just imagine the new devices that will be available in a years time, and the people with t-mobile 18 month contracts will have to wait an extra 6 months to get one.

plus, orange insurance is still far superior to any other network.

and my mates have t-mobile and hardly ever have a signal, let alone a 3g signal.