C550 Media Buttons asignment > another media play.

Guest obrouk2

Guest fmountford
Does anybody know how to change the C550 media buttons assignment to some other media player then Orange or WMP10 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Start, Settings, more, button settings

Guest obrouk2
Start, Settings, more, button settings

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not helpin'...thanks for the obvious, but my C550 "buttons settings" shows only Orange and WMP10, so I guess there has to be another way

Guest SilentlyScreaming

>>fmountford - Thats how to change it from one to the other - Orange Music Player<>Windows Media Player.

OP is asking about other options. Like apps you have since installed.

If you check through some of the older posts here, its been looked at, but I don't think work around has been found yet, at least last time I checked, regedits weren't possible to alter the mapping.

[edit]

Sorry about repeating same basic info - didn't refresh page before posting, so missed OP's 2nd post in this thread...

Edited by SilentlyScreaming

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PPCPassion
not helpin'...thanks for the obvious, but my C550 "buttons settings" shows only Orange and WMP10, so I guess there has to be another way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obrouk2: If you do find an answer/slution to your question, please don't forget to post it her as I am also very much interested in setting other media player such as Beta Player as my "default" player.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest oscarbrito

Hi there!

I would be great if someone would be so smart to discover a way of mapping the spv c550 media buttons to another player or application...

CORE (TCPMP) is a far better player, with more options than the slim WMP or the trashy Orange one, like equalizer, possibility to create playlist directly from the device (WMP sync if almost impossible...), play of Divx, etc.

please, please, please... can anyone try something before everybody will jump to the marketing trick spv c600... (which is not the SP5, as orange convert it in just a spv c550 with WM5)

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest looeee

I don't have a c550 to test this on but...

In your \Windows folder there should be a bunch of shortcut files called SHORT_blah.lnk where blah is the name of each of the buttons. AP1 .. AP4

Could somone try pointing these shortcuts at different exe files and let me know the results? If you don't have these files in your windows folder could you try making one?

As they're read-only files you may have to copy them with file manager to the storage card, make them writable before making changes and copying back

looeee