Weird network messeges arrive on my 8390

Guest Ryu69

I keep receiving on my chinese 8390 all the time weird SMS messeges from "Network" as sender, or sometimes without a sender's name at all.

When opened, inside they say things like:

PEO 1

EDB0231

etc

They keep coming all the time. I had the same problem with many different SIM Cards, on various networks, and in different locations (UK & Cyprus).

What is going on?

Even after I hard reset the phone, the problem is still there.

Could this be the "Channels" setting?

It's enabled by default, and it won't go off and i get a "setting could not be saved" when disabling it from Settings -> Phone -> Channels. :x

This is getting really annoying. :twisted:

Is there anything i can do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

Guest schriss

yes, you need to edit channels and add the channels you want to disable, then you can uncheck "enable". I disabled channel 50 (network info) in my network. It works.

Regards, Chris

Guest schriss
Or a modified R42, like the recent R42v (I'm currently using it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.

In new ROMs you can just disable channels.

In old ROMs you need to add channels you want to disable, and uncheck them, like I described in my post above. You will continue to receive messages from eny channel you don't manually enter in Edit Channels menu.

Simple as that.

Regards, Chris

i keep losing full network signal daily once per day "no service" so i then i switch to flight mode and then turn it back off and then it searches for network signal again and comes back. What could be wrong here?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i am a litlle bit lost. I have an Mitac Mio 8390. And i have disabled the messages. But they will reappear every time you shut down your cell phone.

Basically it goes like this

Go to Start , after that

type in exactly as follows

1. number 7 on your keyboard

2. number 9 on your keyboard

3. number 2 on your keyboard

4. number 6 on your keyboard

After that Dissable the first checked box. And you will not receive Network Messages any more. They are called CB Bradcast services as far as i know. I hope this will help

Regards Admir

Guest bladerun
Ok i am a litlle bit lost. I have an Mitac Mio 8390. And i have disabled the messages. But they will reappear every time you shut down your cell phone.

Basically it goes like this

Go to Start , after that

type in exactly as follows

1. number 7 on your keyboard

2. number 9 on your keyboard

3. number 2 on your keyboard

4. number 6 on your keyboard

After that Dissable the first checked box. And you will not receive Network Messages any more. They are called CB Bradcast services as far as i know. I hope this will help

Regards Admir

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To disable channel broadcast FOREVER download a new rom (R42v, R44 or R45). You can disable them and won't receive any of this SMS anymore, even after reboot.

I'm using R42v and I never get those messages.

I also don't lose signal anymore...

Thanx but the problem is that i am in Europe, and the phone has been purchased in America. I have received with my phone a lot of cd's, like 4 of them. And some codes at the back. So will try. Thank you

EDIT : we do not allow links to unofficial download sites nor do we want members to be sharing ROMs by PM or email. There are laws and licence agreements that apply to this situation.

See Awarner's post above

Edited by admirb

Guest Magnetic_dud
You register your phone with Mitac and then you can get access to any roms you are entitled to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? From when? 2 Months ago They asked 30£ for updating + s/h

Guest markgamber
You register your phone with Mitac and theen you can get access to any roms you are entitled to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! Maybe in some fantasy world that's true. In the real world, however, you register your phone with mitac and then they don't care so you go find rom updates on your own, hold your nose and hope for the best.

LOL! Maybe in some fantasy world that's true. In the real world, however, you register your phone with mitac and then they don't care so you go find rom updates on your own, hold your nose and hope for the best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point Awarner made is perfectly valid. The only legitimate roms available for the Mitac devices are direct from Mitac.

Its upto Mitac to support the device and should they choose not to that still doesn't change the rules. No asking for links to nor posting of illegal roms. Its also worth pointing out that if things go wrong using an unofficial rom you may find it difficult to get advice given the rules stipulate no discussion of illegal roms.