C550 TomTom & GPS Bluetooth

Guest foxylee999

Guest foxylee999

Hi Guys,

New to the smartphone and to this site so please bear with me!

I have purchased a C550 and installed TomTom following the instructions from the forum and that works fine after altering the screen resolution. I now have the headache of trying to connect the Bluetooth GPS to the phone.

I have read through all the forum and tried everything that is suggested i.e.

Swapping com ports (incoming & out going), re naming the BT GPS to "TomTom Wireless GPS" and the begger will still not talk to the TomTom software.

After pairing the device and having my bluetooth connection set to Discoverable I then start TomTom and the signal is lost. I then check the phone blutooth devices and it is not there!!!! I then have to search for the device again (Very Annoying).

Has anyone got TomTom working and talking to a GPS on there C550 yet!

If so how? A walkthrough the proceedure would be nice.

Thanks guys, any feedback most welcome. I still have a bit of hair left to pull out yet!!!

Lee.

Guest mcwarre

Mmmm. Why don't you contact tomtom support? I am sure that they would like to help someone with their product and a non-tomtom gps (especially as it can't be bought without their gps).

Or am I being cynical?????

Guest foxylee999
Mmmm. Why don't you contact tomtom support? I am sure that they would like to help someone with their product and a non-tomtom gps (especially as it can't be bought without their gps).

Or am I being cynical?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Should it matter if it is a tomtom GPS or not!!!!

It should workthe same way after all it is a bluetooth device!

Guest Pondrew
Should it matter if it is a tomtom GPS or not!!!!

It should workthe same way after all it is a bluetooth device!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It matters, as Mcwarre says, because Tom Tom Mobile is only sold with the Tom Tom gps. Other peeps with C550s have posted that they've got theirs working.

If your Tom Tom GPS stopped working you should be able to get a replacement. If it didn't come with one then I'd suggest taking it up with the source as the software is more likely then not illegal.

Topic locked.