in-car rear view camera/viewer

Guest anthonyblack

Guest anthonyblack

I have an idea for an application which i don't think exists at present. Because of my lack of in depth knowledge of XDA programming and hardware i could do with some advice on whether its a non-starter or not.

Many top of the range vehicles these days have the option of an in-car rear view camera/viewer.

My idea was for a retro fit device/application that would use an XDA as the viewing screen in conjunction with some type of wired/wireless video camera (usb or otherwise) that would be small enough to permanently mount on the rear of a vehicle. Obviously this video device would need to be small and inconspicous as well as weather proof. The quality of the video would not need to be particularly brilliant as it is mainly used for parking situations. It could also have security uses (time lapse/motion triggered recording).

Anyone out there seen anything like this in existance or have any idea of wether or not this is pheasable?

Tony Black

Hereford, UK

Orange SPV M2000 (using iMate 1.4 ROM)

I have an idea for an application which i don't think exists at present. Because of my lack of in depth knowledge of XDA programming and hardware i could do with some advice on whether its a non-starter or not.

Many top of the range vehicles these days have the option of an in-car rear view camera/viewer.

My idea was for a retro fit device/application that would use an XDA as the viewing screen in conjunction with some type of wired/wireless video camera (usb or otherwise) that would be small enough to permanently mount on the rear of a vehicle. Obviously this video device would need to be small and inconspicous as well as weather proof. The quality of the video would not need to be particularly brilliant as it is mainly used for parking situations. It could also have security uses (time lapse/motion triggered recording).

Anyone out there seen anything like this in existance or have any idea of wether or not this is pheasable?

Tony Black

Hereford, UK

Orange SPV M2000 (using iMate 1.4 ROM)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not for XDA but if you hop over to http://www.mp3car.com you will find a number of apps including Frodocam and a security application from http://www.steveig.org/ that run on a PC.... may give you a few ideas.

Terran

• 2 weeks later...