Video quality

Guest jhils1

Why is it that the quality of the video caps from the 1.3 megapix C550 are no where near the quality of the videos from the 0.3 megapix E200?The E200 had another resolution higher than the max(176x144) res on the C550(cant remember what it was) but that was dropped on the C500 and the C550 lacks it too.Videos on the E200 where AVI only, but the C550 allows MPEG4-, 3gp(H.263) or Motion JPEG-AVI-None of these gives the quality or smoothness of the E200 vid caps and suffer from pixelation(the E200 hardly pixelated at all) Am I the only one who thinks its strange that a camera with 1.3 mp(4 times as many pixels!)produces vid caps at lower quality than one with just 0.3???

Edited by jhils1

Guest davejerome

This is all true, however i if you really care about video capture who did you get a smart phone? Surely some badboy blingin' flipphone samsung will do the job.

Ever heard of convergence?-I dont want my pockets stuffed with an i-pod, a digicam, a PDA, a handheld games console, a GPS device, a personal video player and a phone-I want one device that does it all. But the point I was tryin to make was that despite an increase in quality(to the power 4) vid caps are actually WORSE on the C550 than the E200-And I d expect video quality to be better BECAUSE its a smartphone-its got way more computing power than a regular phone so that should translate into better video-at least thats how the E200 worked anyway.

Ever heard of convergence?-I dont want my pockets stuffed with an i-pod, a digicam, a PDA, a handheld games console, a GPS device, a personal video player and a phone-I want one device that does it all. But the point I was tryin to make was that despite an increase in quality(to the power 4) vid caps are actually WORSE on the C550 than the E200-And I d expect video quality to be better BECAUSE its a smartphone-its got  way more computing power than a regular phone so that should translate into better video-at least thats how the E200 worked anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunatly the increase in x4 of the camera refers to resolution and not necessarily quality. ie The images it captures are larger but the quality definatly has not been improved.

gerryR

Guest kurtfhouse

As far as I am aware the phone doesn't capture video above a 176x144 resolution anyway so why would it be better? I think the reolution is the same maximum as the older SPV's.

The camera is far better now though for stills, good enough for me anyway.