Profile Problems - Speakerphone

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Did a quick search, and couldn't find anything... If I try changing the profile to speakerphone, either through start, settings or power button on top, it doesn't change from normal.

I've tried repeating the process with the supplied handsfree kit, still no joy.

I also tried resetting profiles to default, just in case.

I'm sure I used to be able to set my old C500 to speakerphone, so I didn't have to gold down the pick up button once I'd answered a call - sort of like a poor mans car kit effect.

Anyone able to point out where I'm going wrong or a relevant thread to look at re. this?

Guest hotphil

I don't know about the C500 but on my SPV and my MPx200 (running either original or 2003 OS) the Speakerphone could only be activated once in a call.

Guess it could be stop you accidentally deafening yourself if you put the handset to your ear.

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Phil, thanks for getting back so quickly. I can see your logic, but I don't understand why there is a profile called speakerphone, if it can't be used. (I'm also pretty sure I used to be able to select it, thought that could just be my faulty memory)

Think I might have to go and read the manual ;-O

When you go into the Speakerphone profile under settings; profile, it says that the profile is only activated when the device is used as a speakerphone.

Just checked and the C500 does too!!

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Thanks, I was just hoping to put it into that mode maually, pre-call, so it could be used in car etc. .... Whilst pulled over obviously. 8-[

so I didn't have to hold down the pick up button once I'd answered a call
-sorry meant green button when talking about the pick up call button.

Anyone know if profiles changes can be forced by using .Net framework or something home screen based, within XML?

Ta 4 the help