Orange Care Insurance.

Guest moonshot

Guest moonshot

Reading about all the faults that there seems to be with the c550 I am glad that I took the Insurance cover. I seem to remember reading a previous topic (which I can`t find); something about a refurb. being given as a replacement for a faulty phone.

Can any one confirm, is this what Orange do? Paying £60 a year for the cover, I would expect a new phone.

I've just spoken to an Orangey person on the phone re problems with my C500. She advises that the phone has a 12 month guarantee anyway- 6 months covered by Orange and 6 months by the manufacturer as per Sale of Goods Act. Seeing as the Theft and loss clauses are so tight I'm now going to cancel my Orange Care £60- not worth it.

Guest chucky.egg

Careful with O Care.

Once you've signed up you can't get out of it - it's a 12 month commitment, even though they never mention that when you sign up :roll:

Guest davejerome

Are you sure? As far as i know Orange care is 1 month at a time commitment, however Orange care - emergancy insurance is 12 month.

Emergancy insurance being for people who have had their phone stolen with no insurance, they give you a new one and tie you in for 12 months of insurance and therefor 12 months line rental contract from date of phone theft.

+ most people forget to cancel so its a big winner for the orange company

Guest manocheese

According to the Orange CSR standing a few feet away from me;

Orange care is for a minimum of 12 months.

After 30 days they 'might' supply you with a refurbished phone.

Still, it's worth the money, it's £300 +vat to replace.....