Games on the C550

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi all, I have recently upgraded to the C550 and I have to say I do like the phone but as well all know there are a number of applications which don't work properly :cry:

Now I have bought quite a number of these (see here) and I have emailed all of the commercial manufacturers to see if any of them are planing to re-write or upgrade any of their games to QVGA format.

Well the bad news is that out of all of them only Astraware bothered to reply (they are working on it). Now I can understand their reluctance to go over old titles with new ones on the way but this means that our game libraries are almost useless now on the C550 :evil:

Unless there is a talented programmer out there who could make a small utility to run in the background and either switch the screen into 176x220 mode or apply a scaling factor to the graphics calls :??: I don't know if this is possible or not but its worth asking :o

Guest davidhorn

The reason so few developers are working on making their games compatible is mainly Orange's fault. They have (so far) refused to supply the necessary information... the Orange Partner website sucks and they won't even provide the largest developers (eg PDAmill) with a phone to test on.

PDAmill, however, are working on making their Smartphone games using my phone as a guinea pig. ;-)