MMS and Email Problems

Guest jmrecanize

Guest jmrecanize

Hi everybody,

I have two problems so far with my c550. I am on orange and the phone still has its default network settings for everything however when trying to recieve an mms it will download the title but when doing a full send/recieve, won't download the message content. It takes about two minutes trying to connect then brings up a message telling me to verify if i have network coverage (which i do).

Also, my email seems to be playing up somewhat aswell. I have a pop3 email account under ntlworld.com and receiving emails is fine, however, when trying to send a message the same error message comes up. I installed the settings for my ntlworld account through the email wizard so i'm unsure whether the outgoing smtp is correct.

Could anyone give me any advice on one or both of these matters. Thanks very much.

Guest hotphil

I'd ring Orange and check that your account has MMS enabled.

As for the email, what have you set the outgoing server to? If it's not smtp.orange.net, try that.

Guest jmrecanize

Thanks, i'll try that with the email. As for the mms i know i have it enabled as its the same contract as ive had for a year. It worked fine on my c500 but when upgrading to the c550 this happens. Thanks for the help anyway though. Any other ideas anyone?

Guest hotphil

it will still be worth checking the mms with orange - if you had an upgrade did they update your new sim fully? i don't think it matters that you had it on your previous handset - i think it is specific to a sim