install .NET CF on device

Guest Tech

I know WM2003SE has .NET CF 1.1 (SP2?) on it. how is it possible to install SP3? Everytime i try to it says that the file was not intended to install on the device!

I am using C500 typhoon

Thanks

SP3 is not supported on the smartphone. I'm looking at the Microsoft website for downloading it, and on that page it lists the supported os's:

Supported Device Operating Systems: Pocket PC 2000, Pocket PC 2002 and Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC 2003, Windows CE .NET 4.1-based operating systems and higher.

I also recall seeing this, or a similar question asked in the Windows Mobile chats on MSDN. I couldn't locate it, but it might be somewhere on http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/transcript...ed/default.aspx

thanks mate

well i discovered that it has SP3 in the ROM... which is good i guess :o (using the CGACUTIL in \Windows)

wierd.. just dont understand. it has ARM4 cabs and the C500 is ARM4 proc!

Guest Peter Foot
thanks mate

well i discovered that it has SP3 in the ROM... which is good i guess :o (using the CGACUTIL in \Windows)

wierd.. just dont understand. it has ARM4 cabs and the C500 is ARM4 proc!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.NETCF Isn't available as a RAM install for Smartphone, You Operator/OEM may provide ROM updates which include .NETCF service packs. Generally, 2003 includes SP1 and Second Edition has SP2 (WM 5.0 has SP3 in ROM)

Peter

• 4 months later...
Guest schriss
.NETCF Isn't available as a RAM install for Smartphone, You Operator/OEM may provide ROM updates which include .NETCF service packs. Generally, 2003 includes SP1 and Second Edition has SP2 (WM 5.0 has SP3 in ROM)

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is misleading information. There is "NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab" which can be installed on WM2002 devices, so .NET CF really IS available as RAM install.