C550 Not for business?

Guest Dade

I just tried to order some C550's on our corporate account but was told that I cant have a C550 on a business tariff!!

I spend a fortune with Orange each month and have over 60 connections. I dont expect to be told that I cant have a phone when its free to everyone else.

Have Orange gone mad?

I just tried to order some C550's on our corporate account but was told that I cant have a C550 on a business tariff!!

I spend a fortune with Orange each month and have over 60 connections. I dont expect to be told that I cant have a phone when its free to everyone else.

Have Orange gone mad?

Have also been told that handsets are 'rigorously tested for business'. Does this mean that everyone else gets one thats not been tested?

Guest hotphil

I'd agree - business phones need to be ones that "just work". Personally, I don't think any of the Windows Smartphones so far could be described as such.

They're just playing safe - the last thing they want is 60 more callers to support because they can't transfer files/the volume gets stuck/the battery sucks etc. It's about keeping a good reputation I guess - don't give your best customers products you're not 100% sure are up to scratch, let the public be your test program.

I'd agree - business phones need to be ones that "just work". Personally, I don't think any of the Windows Smartphones so far could be described as such.

They're just playing safe - the last thing they want is 60 more callers to support because they can't transfer files/the volume gets stuck/the battery sucks etc. It's about keeping a good reputation I guess - don't give your best customers products you're not 100% sure are up to scratch, let the public be your test program.

Do you really think they do 'extra testing' on the business version of a handset? You think they have a C550 'a' and 'b' grades?

Guest hotphil

no, you can't have read it right, i just think that they do more testing and take more time to train the support staff for business customers.

the service expectations are very different even if the handset is the same (flaky) model.

Edited by hotphil