Orange due to release new rom for C500?

Guest jamesyuk

Guest bond1977

Sir, I wonder why I cant flash this on my phone. My phone is running on Orange UK 4.2.1.1 ROM but when I flash this on my phone, I always get "Invalid Vender ID" error. When I use the SPV-developers procedures in editing the Header of the ROM using TyphoonNFBTools I got a "Cannot Read File Error" when continuing the ROM flashing after editing the NBF file. Does anyone here have same problem of mine and if you were able to solve this, can you please share to me how did you done it. Thanks sir...

Guest zamo_x

can someone tell how can i update to this version of rom if i have french version? i have tried with TyphoonNbfTool to delete operator tag but it generates a file of ~25Kb.

Guest soopahfly

Does anyone know if there is a Qtec/HTC plain firmware floating around anywhere? I unlocked my C500, use an o2 sim and V4.2.1.1 by Qtec firmware.

Guest mortalwombat
Hi Pondrew. Congrats on your new C500!  :o

Open Windows Media then try to play a file then hit Menu > About

post-12251-1128151597_thumb.gif

Here is WMP post-upgrade...

post-12251-1128151634_thumb.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no difference between this info on the 4.2.1.1 or the 4.2.1.2 as far as I can see... :?:

Hi,

I've been trying to update my c500 with the new update, however I use a mac to sync my phone.

I can get the .cab file (extracted from the .exe download) onto the phone but when I try and install it it says that "the software was not intended for this device".

I know that it's kinda awkward using a windows smartphone with a mac, but does anyone have any idea how I could install the update?

I've been reading the forums for a while now, and I can't seem to find much info about installing updates directly on the phone.

Thanks,

Leo

Guest Pondrew
I've been reading the forums for a while now, and I can't seem to find much info about installing updates directly on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry to say I don't think it's possible :o

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to the latest version - is it possible to revert to the original ROM if necessary?

Will a hard reset achieve this or is it permanent once the update has been run?

Thanks.

After upgrading to the latest version - is it possible to revert to the original ROM if necessary?

Will a hard reset achieve this or is it permanent once the update has been run?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has any one tried the latest ROm on the orange site for the C500 looks like 4.2.1.4 has been released..

Guest FuzzySensei
Has any one tried the latest ROm on the orange site for the C500 looks like 4.2.1.4 has been released..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I installed it this morning as so far no issues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, well as my question was glossed over by MGTF (welcome btw, as I note it was your first post), I shall ask again ...

Hoping to do the upgrade shortly.

Thanks.

Guest FuzzySensei
Any Differences ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't noticed any yet. I installed it because I read in another thread on MoDaCO that this patch should solve the bad sound quality heard by people I had called or who had called me. As this only happened intermittantly I will have to wait to see if the fix works.

xspyda: I have never tried to downgrade so my answer to your questions is I don't know.

I want to upgrade the rom in mine, but what backup software do people use for their C500?? I need to backup everything!! and i also don't really want to pay for Sprite Backup. Are there any decent alternatives, that will backup literally EVERYTHING? or most things anyway!

Guest spark-x

I upgraded last night.. from a much lower version.. It seems

1- Faster

2- WMP10

3- When you insert a character into a text msg it doesn't go "boynk" and the characters are displayed smaller / more on screen

I upgraded last night.. from a much lower version.. It seems

1- Faster

2- WMP10

3- When you insert a character into a text msg it doesn't go "boynk" and the characters are displayed smaller / more on screen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you say smaller characters and there are more on screen, do you mean in general or during texting / web browsing or anything in particular?

Also - you say it's faster... do you mean in general across all the applications?

And finally, do you know what version you had pre-upgrade?

Thanks.

Guest b1ackb1rd

I've got ROM update version; Operator: 4.2.1.4 which I downloaded from the Orange website a few days ago.

The phone freezes on receipt of text and multimedia messages, rejects calls when I press accept and loses bluetooth settings once the paired device is switched off.

When a message is received the phone freezes it's a battery-off job to reset, but once working again the new unopened message has gone ... bl**dy annoying or what?

I am beginning to loath this phone, I even put my SIM in a Sendo yesterday cos I was so sick of it :shock:

Guest Jasonkruys
When you say smaller characters and there are more on screen, do you mean in general or during texting / web browsing or anything in particular?

Also - you say it's faster... do you mean in general across all the applications?

And finally, do you know what version you had pre-upgrade?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I upgraded from 4.2.1.1. Phone does seem a little snappier to respond in menus, and in general application use.

Not sure about the fonts, I have since switched on clearview. Font is sms compose seem slightly thinner tho, and I don't remember being able to get 180+ characters on the same screen without scrolling when composing a general text message (can someone confirm? maybe we could type the same message and see how far we get?)

One thing that has been fixed for certain, posiibly related to above, is that words towards the edge of a line when composing a text do not dissapear like they used to!

Guest DomConway
I've got ROM update version; Operator: 4.2.1.4 which I downloaded from the Orange website a few days ago.

The phone freezes on receipt of text and multimedia messages, rejects calls when I press accept and loses bluetooth settings once the paired device is switched off.

When a message is received the phone freezes it's a battery-off job to reset, but once working again the new unopened message has gone ... bl**dy annoying or what?

I am beginning to loath this phone, I even put my SIM in a Sendo yesterday cos I was so sick of it  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a similar thing straight after upgrading. A hard reset sorted it and now it's working better than ever...

Hi

I installed 4.2.1.4 last week and must admit that it seems to work fine and the answerphone Bug was sorted.

Will be selling my C500 as my M5000 is due to arrive at last

MArk

Hi foks

I'm trying to download 4.1.2.4 from the Orange site and having trouble. Is it available from anywhere else?

My C500 is currently running 4.1.1.4.

I have a Sony Ericsson HCB700 bluetooth carkit, which is a great kit, but I can't get my C500 to sync its phonebook with the kit to allow phonebook browsing. This works fine on handsets as old as my T610 and 6310i, but I can't get it to work on the C500 - I'm hoping this update fixes this.

Does anyone know if it does?

I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.

I have 4.1.1.4 and am thinking of upgrading to the new ROM for one simple reason;

I have experienced the deleting text message bug 1 time too often.

I have lost track of the number of text messages I have lost due to this B(££DY bug.

Someone mentioned previously that they had upgraded and were still having the problem.

Then someone else mentioned that they did a hard reset after the upgrade and had had no problems.

Can someone confirm that:

a) They used to get the deleting txt msg bug before upgrading, often enough to be sure that...

;) They no longer get the problem now that they have upgraded to 4.2.1.4 and done a hard reset.

I think every other bug in this phone I can put up with but this one really sucks.

Much thanks in advance

Guest Chumley
I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.

I have 4.1.1.4 and am thinking of upgrading to the new ROM for one simple reason;

I have experienced the deleting text message bug 1 time too often.

I have lost track of the number of text messages I have lost due to this B(££DY bug.

Someone mentioned previously that they had upgraded and were still having the problem.

Then someone else mentioned that they did a hard reset after the upgrade and had had no problems.

Can someone confirm that:

a) They used to get the deleting txt msg bug before upgrading, often enough to be sure that...

;) They no longer get the problem now that they have upgraded to 4.2.1.4 and done a hard reset.

I think every other bug in this phone I can put up with but this one really sucks.

Much thanks in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just performed an upgrade from ROM version 4.1.1.4 to the new 4.2.1.4 the phone (C500) is a bit snappier in the menus as someone mentioned previously in this thread.

This deleting text message bug you mention, is it when having started a SMS the phone will (would) not allow you to abort it without selecting the postponing option - so even mid message pressing the Home key would not work (with an associated noise!)? If so this appears to have been altered (in this new ROM) so the Home key will allow the Home screen to show etc. whilst in the middle of a SMS and selecting messaging after brings you back to the message you (just) interrupted.

Me guessing but is that the area you wanted clarifying?

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

I'm going to see if I can unearth the technique of enabling ClearType next presumably by digging in the registry...