Lost text input!

Guest Confucious

Guest Confucious

I went to type something on my phone the day before yesterday and it was on numeric input so I pressed the * key and it stayed on numeric input. There is no indicator in the topright to show input mode (only battery and signal strength) and if I hold down the * key I don't get the T9 menu.

I seem to remember people having similar problems with the Motorolas [Edit] Just realised the Motos use iTap not T9 but I'm sure I've read of something similar happening on them [/Edit] but have not seen any mention of it on an HTC phone.

Is it a known problem?

Is there a fix?

I have installed various things over the past couple of days and am uninstalling them to see if that cures it but so far to no avail.

I would obviously like to avoid a hard reset if possible but unless someone can come up with a solution I might have too.

In the mean time I can enter text using my BT keyboard which turned up yesterday (30 quid off eBay!)

Edited by Confucious

Guest awarner [MVP]

I have seen thins on the Motorola MPX200 but that was due to installing then uninstalling the Chinese language support.

Apart from a hard reset the only other option is to have a hunt around the registry, but without knowing the actual change it may be like hunting for a pin in a haystack.

Guest Confucious

In search of my needle I've found:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method

I used Smartione and exported this key which can be viewed using Notepad.

Could sommeone have a look and compare it to their registry for me please?

Thanks

T9.txt

In search of my needle I've found:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method

I used Smartione and exported this key which can be viewed using Notepad.

Could sommeone have a look and compare it to their registry for me please?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Confucious all exactly the same here and my input is working. :o

Guest Confucious
Sorry Confucious all exactly the same here and my input is working.  :o

Don't be sorry - thanks for the feedback. It rules that bit out. I doubt if I'll solve it without a hard reset but at least I can try. ruling things out might not solve the problem but it narrows it down

Thanks for letting me know.