file manager and task list deleted from menu

Guest advised pie

Guest advised pie

I have only had my C550 for a little while now and during the "personalisation" process I managed to delete the default ACCESORIES file. Unfortunatly this file contains the FILE MANAGER and TASK MANAGER plus other things. Is there anyway of restoring this folder or resetting the handset to default with out flashing?

please help all you wise people.

Guest pd.ryder

As far as I know, these menus and 'default' applications are fixed into the file system somehow and basically get replaced everytime you restart the phone. Eg if you delete all the lovely Orange ringtones from the system then restart the phone, they all reappear. I'm not 100% on this but a simple restart will prove / disprove the idea.

Failing that, do a hard reset. There's a 'key-press' method discussed at length on this forum (do a search), or use the link in the menu system (ah, you've deleted the folder, bugger).

Try a simple restart first. Best of luck......

Guest advised pie
As far as I know, these menus and 'default' applications are fixed into the file system somehow and basically get replaced everytime you restart the phone. Eg if you delete all the lovely Orange ringtones from the system then restart the phone, they all reappear. I'm not 100% on this but a simple restart will prove / disprove the idea.

Failing that, do a hard reset. There's a 'key-press' method discussed at length on this forum (do a search), or use the link in the menu system (ah, you've deleted the folder, bugger).

Try a simple restart first. Best of luck......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok will try find that method in the archives. Are there two types of reset because I downloaded a program in the download section called "Orneta Tester" wich allows you to do a reset, tried it, but nothing changed. Strange thing was when I used Active Sync to install the program it automatically re-created the "deleted" ACCESORIES folder but the only thing in the folder was Orneta.

thanks

Guest nevawlkalone
ok will try find that method in the archives. Are there two types of reset because I downloaded a program in the download section called "Orneta Tester" wich allows you to do a reset, tried it, but nothing changed. Strange thing was when I used Active Sync to install the program it automatically re-created the "deleted" ACCESORIES folder but the only thing in the folder was Orneta.

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One thong that you could do is sync ya fone with ya pc(duh :-) and then recreate the ACCESSORIES folder in storage\windows\startmenu and then, go back to the main file structure and go through \my smartphone\windows directory and find all the apps that where in the accessories folder, create shortcuts and cut and paste them into the new ACCESSORIES folder.

The Programs you need for that folder are as follows

Calculator

Clear storage

File Manager

Modem Link

Sim Manager

Space maker

Speed Dial

Task Manager.

DONONT copy the existing shorcuts create your own and go form there.

Hope this works!!!!!

Guest advised pie

YOU MASTER!

It worked, before I joined this forum I was tinkering around trying to do exactly what you advised but because it only dawned on me that I had set my folder options to not show hidden files or folders when ever I went into the windows folder on the handset I was only seeing a quater of the files!.... the important ones I needed were hidden.

thanks to both of you who helped me out.

fantastic job boys! :o