Good News! a decent leather case for the C550

Guest Amiroquai

Got my case last Monday - just in time as my C550 arrived literally 10 minutes after! Must say it's a tight fit but it's doing a good job so far.

Anyway, got mine from eBay.co.uk - total was around £10-11 inc. P&P.

Got my case last Monday - just in time as my C550 arrived literally 10 minutes after! Must say it's a tight fit but it's doing a good job so far.

Anyway, got mine from eBay.co.uk - total was around £10-11 inc. P&P.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. Great case but I wish it wouldn't "bubble" over the screen...

Any tips to stop that would be great.. (please don't tell me to glue it!!)

Same here. Great case but I wish it wouldn't "bubble" over the screen...

Any tips to stop that would be great.. (please don't tell me to glue it!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only downside I guess... not sure if you can fix it.

What about getting one of those screen protectors - maybe that would react differently?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PPCPassion
The only downside I guess... not sure if you can fix it.

What about getting one of those screen protectors - maybe that would react differently?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No screen protector does not stop the bubbling, on the contrary it increases it for some reason and I have a good Martin Field's screen protector. I did write to Krusell directly but they were of no help in this matter. I have used Krusell cases for the last 3 phones I had including last one SPV C500 and I must say that this plastic is more stickier than any other case I had from Krusell. Also it appears to have little "distortion" effect? Don't know, May be I need glasses :)

Anyway, I got so frustrated with the bubbles that I stopped using this case all together. After all, what's the point of having QVGA screen on a phone and make it distorted with the cheap plastic. I am fine with generic Body Glove case. Just my 2 cents..I am sure others find the case very useful.

Guest PPCPassion
i dont really have a problem with the 'bubbles' on the screeen... just a problem when i take the phone out of the case! man, it hangs on tight! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I mentioned I never had problems with prev Krusell cases and now I am starting to wonder if my case is a "lemon" and should be sent back for replacement. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Anyway, I got so frustrated with the bubbles that I stopped using this case all together.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did just that! Now I have a lovely smashing phone (and I bought a spare replacement housing in case I get drunk and drop it!!)

Guest PPCPassion
I did just that! Now I have a lovely smashing phone (and I bought a spare replacement housing in case I get drunk and drop it!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are absolutely right about having a smashing phone hidden behing the ugly bubbles. I mean after spending good amount of money on the phone and case, one would expect it to look good. This is the first time I have been disappointed with Krusell.

Overall, I'm happy with the case. The plastic does seem to stick to the screen more than the case on my C500 does. Consequently, there are more bubbles. But I can live with them.

What does strike me as strange though, is the omission of a clear plastic cover over the camera button. The gap over the volume has plastic over it. As does the IR window. :?:

Oh and one more thing. I find it difficult to replace the rubber guard over the usb port after I've charged the phone. I also agree it can be a right pain in the arse to take the case off completely, as the plastic sticks to the screen. :?:

Guest PPCPassion
he plastic does seem to stick to the screen more than the case on my C500 does. Consequently, there are more bubbles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks man. I thought I was going insane thinking plastic on C550 case was stickier than C500. I could live with the bubbles too but so many people pointed out in the board meeting that I got sick of it plus i do agree it looks ugly with the bubbles. You are right about plastic cover on USB/headphone port hard to open with cover on. I just wish, Krusell would also consider offering this case in 2 versions one with the back snap on piece that cover the camera lens and one without it. It makes phone look bulkier. I remember taking off the back velcro part on my C500 which made the case much more skinnier. Anyways, its just my personal thoughts. I am sure majority of Krusell users are happy with the case as otherwise quality of this case is much better than some other generic cases avilable in the market.