hardware connecting the SPV COM Port with USB craddle

Guest CoolDude

Guest CoolDude

If you look at the picture of the small board in the USB docking station

(http://membres.lycos.fr/smarphone/usb.htm "thank you to the provider of this picture - look at post in another forum) and remove the small plug that connects the board to the USB cable, you will find some small copper contacts under the place where the cable was. They are in place to take a connector for the SERIAL PORT!!! With them you can do the following: Solder tiny cables to them and connect them to a COM Port cable.

The COM Port has all Connectors beside the DSR signal. Thus I would bridge DTR-DSR and end up with a double mode Serial/USB craddle. :twisted:

:idea: With access to the COM port you should be able to do fancy things by opening it and sending AT commands in engeneering mode. I expect to have the same situation as with the XDA device. Perhaps the AT ommands are slightly different.

As soon as I have an appropriate soldering tool, I will execute this procedure and report what I could do with it.

(Of course it would be less risky and much easier to buy a serial cradle, if

it would be available. I have looked at the PIN layout of the SPV and I think it should be the same like with XDA. So a XDA Serial Cable should also work.)

:?: Has anybody done this yet - or is willing to volunteer the procedure? :?: