Movies on the C550

Guest Amiroquai

Guest Amiroquai

Pocket Divx Encoder is great! Can't believe it's freeware, too good to be freeware.

Much better than Mobile Media Maker, which is not even a freeware...

Thanks for your help everyone!

Edited by Amiroquai

Guest thebeachbum

the site for tcpmp seems to be down. i've installed an older version of betaplayer which has got me interested now! does anyone know if there's a newer version which supports the 550's bigger screen?

I've not read all the way through it, but this may be of interest: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=226924

I downloaded the version from the tcpmp website a couple of weeks ago and haven't had any issues apart from having to change the GAPI to get full screen.

also, this is the backup download site http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/0.66/

Edited by hotphil

if you convert a movie you need to choose a pocket pc as the intended device as the screen res is the same then its all in full screen , i use smartmovie to view full screen movies but not the latest version as its a postage stamp :o

Guest gingerninja

Sorry for being lazy but if anyone can post a movie trailer encoded for the c550 it would be mutch appreciated. Will try myself when i can find the time. Thanks all, you know you want to show off your encoding skills :o

you can also convert your clips ect with windows movie maker , but its harder to use as you have to drag all the frames into the box before you can make your movie , but the end result is very good :o

open up virtual dub, rencode to Divx @ 300kb/s At the original framerate be it at 25fps or watever, and then set the audio to mp3, stereo, 44khz, 96bkits, and then encode, send to ure mobile, wicked quality VGA clips on ure mobile.

I'm actually using WinDVD Copy 4 which will do both DVDs or files to WMV. There are only 3 profiles and the medium profile is possibly a little too high spec for the C550 (25fps) but it actually handles it pretty well. It is easy to then use Win Media encoder if you want to convert down to the pocket PC widescreen profile (and quick).

I've tried all the other methods (Divx etc) but for some reason none particularly like my Digital TV (UK Freeview) recordings and bomb out, even though I have them in DVD compatible format. WinDVD Creator and WinDVD copy are rock solid with them however and nice to be able to pass on to other Pocket PC users who may only have Windows Media installed.